PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tags

"Atlas"
01-20-2013, 16:48
I wore dog tags last year when on the Trail. Not my Army tags, but Tags I had made for the Trail. It started as a joke on my daughter who thought I was going to fall off a cliff and nobody would know who I was. But like my Army Tags they had all my pertinent info, blood type, id info, emergency contact. I think that my kids felt better knowing that I would be able to be helped should I be unable to assist.

You can buy them online from a lot of sites and are very cheap, and diverse in colors and shapes.

I have them now as a momento of the Trail and will wear them again this year.

Sandy of PA
01-20-2013, 19:12
I wear a RoadID when hiking or biking just in case

dink
01-20-2013, 19:25
That is a great idea for anybody doing outdoor alone time activities...looks like I better get some!!

sgt easy
01-20-2013, 21:28
I wear my USMC dogtags (from 40 years ago!) along with a P-38 can opener when I'm hiking in remote areas by myself.....at least the bear may get a toothache!!

degritz
01-20-2013, 21:33
I still wear my original Ft Sill minted tags; they're a good luck charm for me by now.

topshelf
01-20-2013, 21:33
I wear a RoadID when hiking or biking just in case

+1 on the Road ID, id rather wear an arm band than something around my neck. the wrist bands are just like the livestrong type bracelets

"Atlas"
01-20-2013, 23:27
What I like about the Dog Tags is that i had them custom made for the hike with my trail name and my real ID info. Both for about $10.

Oneofsix
01-20-2013, 23:45
we have them for our group
trail name on one side
real name on other with
birthdate
two emergency phone numbers
home town

believe it or not, I got them at the pet store, then found chains for them.

there are a bunch of people that sell them on Etsy . . whole bunch of options there. I found we needed more info than most of their machines would make, and the traditional ones are not two sided.

Cherokee Bill
01-28-2013, 21:08
I have used a "Medic Alert" braclet for MANY-YEARS, and as a Rescue Squad Person (use-2-B) I can say they CANNOT be beat! I HIGHLY suggest you go this route!

Researc this item, you'll be glad you did!

shelb
01-29-2013, 23:52
+1 on the Road ID, id rather wear an arm band than something around my neck. the wrist bands are just like the livestrong type bracelets

I second the Road ID!

"Atlas"
01-30-2013, 18:55
I am just used to the Dog Tag chain and having the ability to list a lot of info since I have 2 tags. I will have to look into the Road ID.