PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see a new attitude

Mountain Mike
01-21-2013, 00:51
Lately there have been several topics that have caused some lively discussion. Nothing wrong with that. But I'm happy to see they are ending up with proper responses & even apologies before a moderator has to step in. We all have opinions & lately when people disagree & ask for a response they get a logical one. This is an awesome site with a wide range of experience & techniques. I'm sure the current regular members realize there is no one perfect anything, be it gear or opinion that works all the time. Well, with the exception of coming here for a very wide variety of opinions! I don't come here to argue or cut down people. I come here to help people getting into hiking & spend time with like minded people. Lately it seems to be the consensus.

Just so glad that we agree to disagree civilized! Lets keep it up!

rocketsocks
01-21-2013, 05:07
+1 Here Here, I like it when folks can say what they will, and if apologies need to be made...make em! and the world keep on turning. Best hiking site on the web, lets keep it that way.

Thanks for posting Mike, you said what I think many feel.

BirdBrain
01-21-2013, 08:43
Totally agree. Best post I have ever seen from you MM. Civility is the key.

I, desperately, want to see the variety of opinions. I am sure that there are numerous preconceived ideas about hiking that are just wrong. The last thing we need is group speak and the perpetuation of fantasy. I come here for advice.

Civility is the key though. No idea, that is genuinely believed, should be disparaged. People don't know everything and should not act like they do. I have learned a lot from this site (including from the heated discussions). I am better equipped person because of that knowledge.

There are things that I see lacking, but in the spirit of MM's post, I will keep it positive. Thank you Whiteblaze and thank you to all that share their opinion.

hikerboy57
01-21-2013, 09:08
its kinda like el nino and la nina. it comes in cycles
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?86178-cant-we-all-get-along&p=1384194&highlight=#post1384194

BirdBrain
01-21-2013, 09:24
its kinda like el nino and la nina. it comes in cycles
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?86178-cant-we-all-get-along&p=1384194&highlight=#post1384194

Very informative thread. I have a better understanding each day on this subject. Hopefully this translates into a better control of the words I type. Hopefully I do better at letting to inflammatory replies just wither on the vine. They say you can't fix stupid. Well I ain't giving up on me that fast.

hikerboy57
01-21-2013, 09:29
Very informative thread. I have a better understanding each day on this subject. Hopefully this translates into a better control of the words I type. Hopefully I do better at letting to inflammatory replies just wither on the vine. They say you can't fix stupid. Well I ain't giving up on me that fast.

cant fix it, but it can be tweaked. ive been tweaking for some time now.

BirdBrain
01-21-2013, 09:36

Tweaking I can handle. It is the creaking that bothers me. Thread drift alert... woop woop... thread drift alert.

HikerMom58
01-21-2013, 10:31

I've noticed & you're rather good at it,HB :D

Thanks MM for the thread. I love what BB said- (paraphrased) I can still see a need for improvement on WB & I'm still working on myself. Me 2!! Oh yeah... all day long!

I would like to make a public apology to Gurooves. (hope you see this) I'm sorry for "wigging out" on your thread the other day. I really thought u were a troll. My bad. :( :welcometo WB!

Pedaling Fool
01-21-2013, 10:32
You'll a bunch of morons...

....and weenies :cool:

rocketsocks
01-21-2013, 10:39

....and weenies :cool:I'm no weenie....I'm a "crude ta day" :D

WingedMonkey
01-21-2013, 10:44

WOW...something we agree on.

:banana

BirdBrain
01-21-2013, 10:54

Someone needs a hug. This thread is for us peace loving wimps. Act up and .... and ... we will respectful disagree.

MyName1sMud
01-21-2013, 10:59
Someone needs a hug. This thread is for us peace loving wimps. Act up and .... and ... we will respectful disagree.
Love your sig line.... it's a nice twist on that old quote.

BirdBrain
01-21-2013, 11:01
Love your sig line.... it's a nice twist on that old quote.

Glad to hear that. I was hoping people would grasp that I was making fun of myself and not saying that I was no fool. Stick around a while and you will see the necessity of that signature.

HikerMom58
01-21-2013, 11:05

[QUOTE=WingedMonkey;1398341]WOW...something we agree on.

:banana

Well, this weenie/ moron finds a lot of ur comments funny( in a good way) & very helpful at times.

MyName1sMud
01-21-2013, 11:08
Glad to hear that. I was hoping people would grasp that I was making fun of myself and not saying that I was no fool. Stick around a while and you will see the necessity of that signature.
Oh yeah! I picked up on it! haha.

I got to agree with Hiker Mom.... I like most of WM's posts. I always get a laugh.

BirdBrain
01-21-2013, 11:17
Oh yeah! I picked up on it! haha.

I got to agree with Hiker Mom.... I like most of WM's posts. I always get a laugh.

Me too. One day I posted the following youtube video in response to a rock stacking argument. I thought it was halarious and I got crickets. The stacks are call cairns and are pronounced like the guy in the video says. My reply to someone who could not believe that people were getting worked up over rock stacking was, "Oh ya', tell that to this guy." Like I say. I got crickets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsNJtnUb7c

MyName1sMud
01-21-2013, 11:27
Me too. One day I posted the following youtube video in response to a rock stacking argument. I thought it was halarious and I got crickets. The stacks are call cairns and are pronounced like the guy in the video says. My reply to someone who could not believe that people were getting worked up over rock stacking was, "Oh ya', tell that to this guy." Like I say. I got crickets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsNJtnUb7c

The person you replied to was me! I'm at work and YouTube is blocked here. Totally forgot to log in and check what the video was when I got home from work.

Thanks for the reminder! I will check it out tonight! haha

BirdBrain
01-21-2013, 11:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWfZ5SZZ4xE

Storm
01-21-2013, 11:35
Most times I am proud to be a Whiteblaze moron.

Chaco Taco
01-21-2013, 16:23
as with the weather in New England, wait a second, it will change

Capt Nat
01-21-2013, 16:25
It just dawned on me, I'm pretty fond of Whiteblaze folks, proud to be here...

keepinitsimple
01-23-2013, 09:21
I like it a lot too. But I agree that some folks are pretty snooty in this place. How sad, uptight hikers, almost unthinkable. I guess we need a code of ethics to some extent, and one code is all we need: Don't take yourself so seriously. How about that?

BirdBrain
01-23-2013, 09:47
Don't take yourself so seriously. How about that?

Of all the people I know, I take myself the least serious.