PDA

View Full Version : SOBO's At Trail Days 2013

GritzMEGA
01-23-2013, 14:10
I created this thread for Sobo's who thru hiked in 2012 to post whether or not they are going to be at Trail Days in Damascus this year. I myself will be there along with Beave posting up. Let me know if you will be there so possibly a bunch of us 2012 Sobo's can get together and catchup.

Roll Tide

-Gritz

SOBO_Pace
01-23-2013, 15:30
I'm planning on being there.

pbr
01-25-2013, 18:00
I'll be hiking north, so I'll see you all at Traildays when I hike in! Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces!

~Dr. Spice

Grand Poobah
02-01-2013, 11:33
I still have some hiking to complete before trail days and will prob hike north into Damascus for trail days. I cant seem to find the official date weekend of Trail days 2013

atmilkman
02-01-2013, 11:47
I still have some hiking to complete before trail days and will prob hike north into Damascus for trail days. I cant seem to find the official date weekend of Trail days 2013
May 17 - 19.

Carry-On
02-05-2013, 04:52
Are you doing another thru Dr. Spice? I'm trying to figure out how to get to Trail Days from out here in Utah. Maybe Greyhound or Amtrak. I'll see. It would be great to see some of those late sobos I finished my hike around.

LDog
02-25-2013, 19:20

I too have hiking to do and plan to hike in to Trail Days ...

Grand Poobah
02-25-2013, 20:27
Hey LDog, very cool. Im going to hit the trail for a week in mid March to do Clingmans and go north as far as I can during that trip. Ill finish the last bit into Damascus in May for trail days.

AngryGerman
04-16-2013, 12:11
Yo... LDog!! How have you been? I haven't seen you since we had breakfast at the railroad cafe in Vermont. Dogger and I hiked on together until CT/NY border.

I finished my thru on Feb 9th with another SOBO named GreenThumb and two more SOBO's finished two days after us. The four of us hiked from the Waynesboro to almost the end but the snow slowed them down a bit outside of Franklin.

I may or may not be at Trail Days this year but I hope maybe to hear from you soon.

Meg Wilson Author
05-11-2013, 07:57
Greetings! Some of you may remember me as Auntie Meg, the author/trail angel who followed ten SOBOs (the "Wander Women") in 2012 and chronicled their journeys. These lovely ladies are: Booterman (Boomerang), Corolla, Drifter, Foot, Ken Doll, Listen, Lite Brite, Littlefoot, No.5 (flip-flopper), and Snickets.

I will be at Trail Days along with a handful of the Wander Women who can make it. I will have a tailgate "booth" in front of the Montgomery Lodge, just down from the Hikers Inn. Please stop by, say hello, and pick up some free goodies.

For more on Wander Women: What Ten Thru-Hikers Taught One Angel about Pleasure, Pain, and Pink-Blazing, please visit my website: http://www.megwilsonauthor.com Under my blog, you will see lots of videos and photos of these ten lovely Wander Women.

Hope to see you at next week's Trail Days!
Meg Wilson

Tree Nerd
05-11-2013, 10:43
I'll be there. Leave wednesday morning and will be packing in 40-50 miles into Damascus. Should get there by Friday evening.

VTATHiker
05-11-2013, 11:12
Hey AG! I hope all is well - this is Reese. Any idea if Dogger kept hiking to Springer after Standing Bear? Also, did you take care of that tick bite after I saw you last at the Doyle?

There's no way I can make Trail Days but there will be trips in future years...

VTATHiker
05-11-2013, 11:16
Hey AG! I hope all is well - this is Reese. Any idea if Dogger kept hiking to Springer after Standing Bear? Also, did you take care of that tick bite after I saw you last at the Doyle?

And Meg!!! The greatest trail magic I had on the entire journey was the peach and the iced tea you gave to me and Bull Moose with a mile left until Monson. I almost cried. I tell the story whenever anyone asks me what trail magic is. How long do you think until your book comes out?

There's no way I can make Trail Days but there will be trips in future years...

mic
05-12-2013, 19:57
well i just got back from italy. im debating driving down for trail days and then just hiking north through virginia for the summer taking it slow. its a long drive from NH and i probably wont make up my mind till thursday. -Gypsy

Southerner
05-14-2013, 20:38
I just found out that I don't have to work this weekend, so I am going to hit the road to Damascus (hopefully won't see any blinding light)! I will be going down Friday after work from the Roanoke area if anyone wants a ride (I only have space for one other person with gear, though -- PM me if interested). I have looked over the Trail Days website, but I still feel like I have no idea what to expect -- never been. But, as MEGAs and a members of the most recent class, we have to represent!