PDA

View Full Version : Primus 3266 : How long will fuel last?

Saluki
01-25-2013, 11:21
I just was given a Primus (model 3266) and have zero experience with butane cannister type stove. If I use it, say for an evening "1 pot" meal - ie, boil H2O, and cook maybe 5 minutes til cooked - how many nights can I get out of one butane container? And what do you do with empty butane containers? Are they recyclable? Just pack out and toss in the trash?

DeerPath
01-25-2013, 11:42
I just was given a Primus (model 3266) and have zero experience with butane cannister type stove. If I use it, say for an evening "1 pot" meal - ie, boil H2O, and cook maybe 5 minutes til cooked - how many nights can I get out of one butane container? And what do you do with empty butane containers? Are they recyclable? Just pack out and toss in the trash?

I use a canister stove and find it will last about 7-8 days when I boil water in the morning and evening. I can boil 1-2 cup of water in about 1 minute put the food in the pot, in a cozy, and let it sit for a few minutes to absorb.

Saluki
01-25-2013, 14:02
Seven days cooking from a single cannister is excellent. Is that from a small cannister like the one with my Primus, pictured below?

DeerPath
01-26-2013, 11:02
Seven days cooking from a single cannister is excellent. Is that from a small cannister like the one with my Primus, pictured below?

Yes, I usually get 3.53 oz. canisters, but I have a Ti windscreen that can be used as a wood stove if I run out of fuel.