PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle needed: 19E to Carvers Gap

MOWGLI
06-06-2005, 19:16
On Friday June 10 I hope to start a hike from Carvers Gap (near Roan High Knob) to 19E. We'll be parking at 19E (at Geoffrey Morris' place) and need a lift from there to Carvers Gap. There will be three of us.

I have left a message with Miss Janet, but haven't heard back. Is anyone avalable to shuttle for me on Friday afternoon?

Thanks in advance...

Jeffrey Hunter

Morning Glory
06-06-2005, 21:53
I know Ms. Janet's been super busy. If she can't help you, I can help you out. Just let me know what time

Terry Hill
06-07-2005, 16:14
Jeffery
My name is Terry Hill. I have Mountain Harbour B&B and Hostel 1/3 mile north/ west of 19E trail head. I provide parking and shuttles. My phone is 423-772-9494. I am also in both handbooks.

On Friday June 10 I hope to start a hike from Carvers Gap (near Roan High Knob) to 19E. We'll be parking at 19E (at Geoffrey Morris' place) and need a lift from there to Carvers Gap. There will be three of us.

I have left a message with Miss Janet, but haven't heard back. Is anyone avalable to shuttle for me on Friday afternoon?

Thanks in advance...

Jeffrey Hunter

MOWGLI
06-08-2005, 09:14
Jeffery
My name is Terry Hill. I have Mountain Harbour B&B and Hostel 1/3 mile north/ west of 19E trail head. I provide parking and shuttles. My phone is 423-772-9494. I am also in both handbooks.

Hey y'all - I'm gonna leave my car with the B&B and take their shutle - and stay at the hostel Saturday night. Thanks to Geoffrey Morris for offering a safe parking spot, and to Bearfoot for offering a shuttle. I realy apreciate the offers guys!

I'll post some shots of the hike in my BLOG. The Rhody & Flame Azalea should be in full swing up in the Roan Highlands. I'm really looking forward to the hike!

MOWGLI
06-13-2005, 16:21
I'll post some shots of the hike in my BLOG. The Rhody & Flame Azalea should be in full swing up in the Roan Highlands. I'm really looking forward to the hike!

Hey everybody! Had a great hike from Carvers Gap to 19E spanning Friday & Saturday. Terry and Mary at the Mountain Harbour B&B are fine people, and the hiker cabin is outstanding - as was the breakfast ($5 extra)! The weather was a bit sketchy, so we didn't venture up to Grassy Ridge. We'll save that for when the blueberries are ripe in another 5-6 weeks.

I posted about 10 photos in my BLOG at the link below. We stayed at the Overmountain Shelter Friday night where we met southbounders Jungle Girl, Kiwi Al & Kiwi Girl - all from New Zealand. We also met 2Pak - who is heading Nobo. Nice guy. The weather was pretty crazy on Saturday - with 25'-50' visibility on the Humps with 30 MPH steady winds.

My daughter is already asking about the next trip - so I guess this was a success! :banana