PDA

View Full Version : Free Kindle book on building a wood burning stove

fcoulter
01-26-2013, 18:10
I don't know if the book is any good. However, I've noticed that the ultralighters that want hot food tend to like these small wood burning stoves. You can get a book on building one for your Kindle. And the current price is zero.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008C6F1D0/

1azarus
01-26-2013, 18:56
thanks!!! i love it when people share like this...

Wise Old Owl
01-26-2013, 19:14
Great - did you see all the suggested prepper books underneath? or is it just targeting my computer?

rocketsocks
01-26-2013, 19:21
I do not have a "Kindle"
I do not own a "Nook"
But for each I have the app for computers to pirate all there free books
hehe and sometimes I feel a little guilty...but not really. Thanks for the heads up!:sun

rocketsocks
01-26-2013, 19:24
Great - did you see all the suggested prepper books underneath? or is it just targeting my computer?No I see them too, and will get pop-ups untill I clear all cookies and view some other products, and will get e-mail alerts for all the free downloading, so yep, they get somethin out of the deal...free advertising, and a way into my world....

Rocket Jones
01-26-2013, 19:32
I do not have a "Kindle"
I do not own a "Nook"
hehe and sometimes I feel a little guilty...but not really. Thanks for the heads up!:sun

If you're using the app to read them, you aren't pirating anything. They created the apps for people who don't own the readers.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

rocketsocks
01-26-2013, 19:36
If you're using the app to read them, you aren't pirating anything. They created the apps for people who don't own the readers.

Thanks for the heads up on this.Yeah but pirating gives me that naughty feeling I sometimes require, if only in my mind.:sun

leaftye
01-26-2013, 19:37
Great - did you see all the suggested prepper books underneath? or is it just targeting my computer?

Where it says?

"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought"

perrymk
01-26-2013, 19:46
I subscribe to Free Book Sifter myself. I don't check it as often as I should and someone always seems to beat me to posting the good ones.

http://www.freebooksifter.com/?c=24&n

atraildreamer
01-26-2013, 19:47
I do not have a "Kindle"
I do not own a "Nook"

Just Google "Kindle for desktop PCs". It's free to download. You don't have to buy a Kindle to read the books.

How can you "pirate" something that is free? Lot's of sites offer free books. Check out Project Gutenberg.

Hikes in Rain
01-26-2013, 20:03
Thanks for sharing this. I appreciate it.

rocketsocks
01-27-2013, 07:27
Just Google "Kindle for desktop PCs". It's free to download. You don't have to buy a Kindle to read the books.
Brilliant!!!

Terry7
01-27-2013, 09:35
Cool link ty

Wise Old Owl
01-27-2013, 09:54
Where it says?

"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought"

That's a sales gimmick - Now that you got this FREE Flat Screen - you will need this $50 HDMI CABLE! (Sears) People did not by the two together... its a well thought out search cookie. Hense my comment "targeting my computer"

leaftye
01-27-2013, 17:28
That's a sales gimmick - Now that you got this FREE Flat Screen - you will need this $50 HDMI CABLE! (Sears) People did not by the two together... its a well thought out search cookie. Hense my comment "targeting my computer"

Why and how would it be a search cookie instead of exactly what it says? That's not at all how "search cookies" work. If it was a cookie, it'd detect what you bought elsewhere, or show ads related to what you bought here when you go to other websites. Amazon doesn't need to mess around with this cookie business since what their customers buy is stored in their database.

I find this website feature imminently useful. Like if buying a catalytic heater, I might buy a spare wick too. Well, that can be tough to find if I don't already have the model #. Fortunately others have already searched for and bought it. I find the "Viewed" bar more useful though since I use it to find the best variation of a type of product. Does it help Amazon? Sure. It does because it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Since you brought up prepper books, I must say that books are one of the least things I find that thing useful for, particularly with fiction. I don't care what other people are reading. I would care for the next installment in a series, and you'll probably hate this too, but Amazon also has individual pages for better known authors to make it easier for readers to their books.

The closest thing to what you're talking about is the "recommend items" that Amazon suggests, and that's seen on the front page, category pages and on one of the pages on the way to checking out. The last one does feel pushy.

rocketsocks
01-27-2013, 17:42
Why and how would it be a search cookie instead of exactly what it says? That's not at all how "search cookies" work. If it was a cookie, it'd detect what you bought elsewhere, or show ads related to what you bought here when you go to other websites. Amazon doesn't need to mess around with this cookie business since what their customers buy is stored in their database.

I find this website feature imminently useful. Like if buying a catalytic heater, I might buy a spare wick too. Well, that can be tough to find if I don't already have the model #. Fortunately others have already searched for and bought it. I find the "Viewed" bar more useful though since I use it to find the best variation of a type of product. Does it help Amazon? Sure. It does because it helps me find what I'm looking for.

Since you brought up prepper books, I must say that books are one of the least things I find that thing useful for, particularly with fiction. I don't care what other people are reading. I would care for the next installment in a series, and you'll probably hate this too, but Amazon also has individual pages for better known authors to make it easier for readers to their books.

The closest thing to what you're talking about is the "recommend items" that Amazon suggests, and that's seen on the front page, category pages and on one of the pages on the way to checking out. The last one does feel pushy.I noticed at the store the other day... B&N, my receipt had a section that said you may also like these titles, and listed about five other books with-in the same grouping, (Cause I can't spell genera), and I did, had a couple of them already.

Wise Old Owl
01-27-2013, 17:49
Well Lefteye - It's a cookie or Its tracking my preferences when I go to the page because it logs me in each time. I spent half an hour looking at which bible I wanted on my phone... A month later it was suggesting other bibles. And I never looked at Prepping books... So how does looking at portable wood stove oh nevermind..... I just answered my own question.

mark jer
02-19-2013, 02:43
Thanks I will check it out