PDA

View Full Version : Fosters can wrap?????

Tramp
01-26-2013, 22:47
For those of you who use a fosters can pot....what's the best to wrap it with? Fiberglass wick or fiberglass dry wall tape or what?? What's on your can ?? Also what stove do find works best with the fosters can pot ? I'm thinking about making a red bull penny stove to use with mine. Should be small enough to work well with the fosters can. What do you think ? Tks

MuddyWaters
01-27-2013, 04:20
Just twist a bandana up , and wrap it around the pot. Squeeze lightly and pick up. You wont drop it if its ridged.

rocketsocks
01-27-2013, 09:01
For those of you who use a fosters can pot....what's the best to wrap it with? Fiberglass wick or fiberglass dry wall tape or what?? What's on your can ?? Also what stove do find works best with the fosters can pot ? I'm thinking about making a red bull penny stove to use with mine. Should be small enough to work well with the fosters can. What do you think ? TksHey Tramp, I seem to remember seeing someone was making these silicone slap bracelets where it is a long piece of memory plastic covered in silicone and when you slap it on your wrist or cook pot, it then bent and wrapped around. They were about 6" long by 1" wide, not sure where I saw these though. I'll keep and eye out.

Tramp
01-27-2013, 12:00
Hi rocketsocks. Hope all is well. Tks. I have the lip guard thing. I'm just trying to find out if I would be better off useing fiberglass wick or if that fiberglass dry wall tape would work. If so ,, its cheap and at lowes. The wick I might have to order and I don't want to do that. Have a great one.!!

DeerPath
01-27-2013, 13:30
Hey Tramp, I seem to remember seeing someone was making these silicone slap bracelets where it is a long piece of memory plastic covered in silicone and when you slap it on your wrist or cook pot, it then bent and wrapped around. They were about 6" long by 1" wide, not sure where I saw these though. I'll keep and eye out.

Zellph shows them in his YouTube on stoves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j7Rz59l9eA

Found a site to buy them.

http://www.amazon.com/BRIGHT-COLOR-SILICONE-BRACELETS-DOZEN/dp/B007BDD3RQ

kam4996
01-27-2013, 15:13
V8 stove that intense angler makes. Just you tube it. Fits perfect under the foster pot and boils water in about 5 minutes. Takes about a minute to bloom and you don't need a pot stand.

Wise Old Owl
01-27-2013, 15:22
no wrap - bandana and letherman Sqirt

Drybones
01-27-2013, 15:50
The photo on the left shows what's in the assy on the right...wind screen, fuel bottle, huggie, pot, lighter, pot stove, coffee can, coffee can stove, lid, pot holder, velcro tie. The stoves are made from spray cans, if you have the right size stove the pot sits firmly on the stove, you'd almost have to intentionally knock it off, it sits up inside the depression on the pot bottom.

1azarus
01-27-2013, 19:40
I bought a slap strap el cheapo watch. Like 5 bucks. Tells time and lifts pot. Happy so far...

Tramp
01-27-2013, 22:10
The photo on the left shows what's in the assy on the right...wind screen, fuel bottle, huggie, pot, lighter, pot stove, coffee can, coffee can stove, lid, pot holder, velcro tie. The stoves are made from spray cans, if you have the right size stove the pot sits firmly on the stove, you'd almost have to intentionally knock it off, it sits up inside the depression on the pot bottom.

That is so cool ! So the fosters can lid is from another fosters can right? Looks like you cut the top out of one and used a side cut can opener to get the lid from another can ? Right ?

zelph
01-28-2013, 12:16
I bought a slap strap el cheapo watch. Like 5 bucks. Tells time and lifts pot. Happy so far...

Now that is soo cool of a dual purpose item.....good find.

Drybones
01-28-2013, 13:15
That is so cool ! So the fosters can lid is from another fosters can right? Looks like you cut the top out of one and used a side cut can opener to get the lid from another can ? Right ?

A second can was required for the lid. I used a thin abrasive disc on a Dremel to cut it off. What attracted me to these was the stability of the pot on the stove. If you have the proper size stove you can almost drop the pot on the stove, they sort of lock together. I have the wife save all her hair spray cans, they're sized perfect.

nu2hike
02-07-2013, 11:35
You can make your own slap bracelet using a piece of duct tape & part of an old retractable measuring tape! Very simple & you can make it to the length you need!

zelph
02-16-2013, 20:41
Hi rocketsocks. Hope all is well. Tks. I have the lip guard thing. I'm just trying to find out if I would be better off useing fiberglass wick or if that fiberglass dry wall tape would work. If so ,, its cheap and at lowes. The wick I might have to order and I don't want to do that. Have a great one.!!

I send along a silicone slap bracelet when I ship your Ridgeline Foster's;)

Tramp
02-17-2013, 00:37
No
I send along a silicone slap bracelet when I ship your Ridgeline Foster's;)

Soooooooo cooooool !!! Tks. Dan !!