PDA

View Full Version : External Frame pack cover

Pendragon
01-27-2013, 23:04
OK, so I try out the Walmart generic pack cover, and it just plain doesn't work. So, all you large external frame fans; does anybody know where, if at all, one can get a pack cover that will actually go onto an old Camptrails McKinley or maybe onto the larger Keltys? Or is this just something I'm gonna have to jury rig by myself? Thanks!

k2basecamp
01-27-2013, 23:33
OK, so I try out the Walmart generic pack cover, and it just plain doesn't work. So, all you large external frame fans; does anybody know where, if at all, one can get a pack cover that will actually go onto an old Camptrails McKinley or maybe onto the larger Keltys? Or is this just something I'm gonna have to jury rig by myself? Thanks!

I got mine on ebay - fits my alpenlite nicely. Cant remember the brand but its yellow.

grassnsky
01-27-2013, 23:36
Equinox. That's what I got for my vintage Kelty external. Fits my Super Tioga and Trekker 3950 too. They have a few different sizes available.

grassnsky
01-27-2013, 23:38
Equinox pack cover is USA made, fwiw.

Pingus
01-28-2013, 09:33
The large size pack cover sold at REI or EMS has always fit my external frame pack nicely. Weighs about 2 ounces.

grayfox
01-28-2013, 11:56
I have the Ultralight Universal Rain Cover from Campmor. I use it for my Jansport external frame pack when I have extra gear on the top bar. It's big, light blue, fairly light, and stays on the pack well. About $30.

wicca witch
01-28-2013, 13:25
the pack i got at REI comes with a well built lightweight cover. My pack is the DEuter Aircontact 65+10. The cover should fit yours
I would never get any hiking equip; from Walmart,trial & error. It pays to get the xpensive ones in the long run