PDA

View Full Version : High Water

walkin' wally
06-07-2005, 21:28
I hope this has not already been posted as I have been away for quite a while but there are a few interesting pics of one of the results of all the rain we had this spring in Maine. The area is the Grafton Notch parking area on Rt 26 in Grafton Maine.
To see them go to links at the top of the page go to Maintaining Clubs then the Maine AT Club. When you reach the Maine site go to hiker or trail alerts.
For those who have been to Grafton Notch and have seen the size of the parking area, well, I thought this was impressive.

All this from a small tributary of the Swift Cambridge River.

MOWGLI
06-07-2005, 21:32
To see them go to links at the top of the page go to Maintaining Clubs then the Maine AT Club. When you reach the Maine site go to hiker or trail alerts.
For those who have been to Grafton Notch and have seen the size of the parking area, well, I thought this was impressive.

All this from a small tributary of the Swift Cambridge River.

Here's a link; http://www.matc.org/alerts.htm

Thanks for the post Wally

saimyoji
06-07-2005, 23:02
Just pack a wetsuit and snorkel gear. Wasn't there a hiker who did this at one point? (SCUBA?)

Footslogger
06-07-2005, 23:42
Man ...those are some shocking pics of the parking lot and Grafton Notch. We had a lot of rain in 2003 and the parking lot was muddy when I passed through there, but nothing like that !!

'Slogger
AT 2003