PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Gear List I have so Far..Any recomendations?

RedRunnerJumper
01-29-2013, 08:43
So I typed up my gear list so far and thought I would see what some of your think... I'm pretty sure it'll be ripped apart due to; being heavy, not enough, too much, etc... haha
I might be missing some things on here that I do have but my stuff is everywhere right now.
Of course most of you probably will have lighter gear but this is what I have...

TENT:
EMS Velocity 2 – 3.6 lbs (57.6oz)
EMS Velocity 2 footprint

BACKPACK:
OSPREY Atmos 65 Backpack – 3.9 lbs (62.4oz)
Ultra -Sil Pack Cover (3.9oz)
SLEEPING:
EMS Velocity 35° - 1.3 lbs (20.8oz)
THERM-A-REST Z Lite Sol Sleeping Pad – 14oz
SEA TO SUMMIT Thermolite Reactor Extreme Liner – 14ozFOOTWEAR:
OBOZ Men's Yellowstone II (2 lb. 11.6 oz.)CLOTHING:
EMS Men's Power Stretch Full-Zip Hoodie -
EMS Men's Mercury Jacket – 1.4 lbs (22.4oz)
EMS Precip Rain Jacket – 0.65 lbs (10.4oz)
EMS Excursion Cut Off Pants
Underarmour Leggings
Underarmour Top

GADGETS:
PETZL Tikka XP2 Headlamp - 3.1oz
Canon Powershot with (2) Spare Batteries – (4.06 oz)
Verizon Razr Smartphone with powercord 5oz
Lightweight MP3/Radio player ~ 5ozCooking
Gram Weenie Pro-Alcohol Stove (.6 oz)

FOOD
Mesh Nylon Stuff Sack (L, 15L) – (2.4oz)Other
AWOL 2013 Guide 5oz
Pack Towel (.8oz) ((17.11 lbs ---- 273.80oz))

dandandan
01-29-2013, 11:50
does your smartphone not have an mp3 player on it? ditch the mp3/radio if you can. (save 5oz)

the pack cover can be eliminated if you stuff a 1oz trash compactor bag in your pack for use as a liner. (save 2.9oz)

ditch the footprint for your tent, just be a little extra cautious with site selection.

substitute a bandana for the pack towel , more useful.

you might want to bring a hat.

you also have a stove but no pot to cook anything in.

any sort of water treatment?

a mesh food bag will mean wet food in the morning if you bear bag in the rain.

This is just based on what you have in your list, you said your stuff is all over the place so I assume theres more that should be on here? IF you were willing to switch out some stuff you could drop some more weight (if that's what you're after). what is your start date?

RedRunnerJumper
01-29-2013, 12:01
Cook pot will be Snowpeak 600 single wall for boiling water, for the food bag it will actually be a nylon bag, MSR hyper-flow filter that I've had I will be using, never had problems with it, I have a hat.

I know my list isnt totally up to date but I thank you. My phone battery would die in one day hence the mp3 player and radio (for weather update).

Substituting a bandana for a pack towel I could do, didn't think about that.

RedRunnerJumper
01-29-2013, 12:01
Start Date: March 9th or 10th.

tds1195
01-29-2013, 12:04
Depending on when you go you will probably be okay without the liner. I would also recommend bringing some light flip-flops for camp to let your feet air out a bit.

RedRunnerJumper
01-29-2013, 12:06
Most people bring Crocs... is that a good way to go?

polechar
01-29-2013, 12:36
These are a great camp shoe if you can afford them,http://www.amazon.com/Vivobarefoot-Mens-Ultra-Pure-Running/dp/B0078J10R8 I think they are more comfortable than crocs and are much lighter. mine are size 10.5 and weigh 7.5oz

Joker4ink
02-04-2013, 03:22
I'd definitely add extra socks, a lighter, fuel bottle, spoon, bearline & mini-biner, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc), 1st aid & medication (Pepto, Advil, etc), spoon, mini leatherman, warm hat

Possible: mini playing cards, watch, journal & pen, some sort of sleep clothes