PDA

View Full Version : NOBO Female Thru Hiker wanted

Alina
01-31-2013, 00:40
I am planning on Thru hiking the AT starting anytime after March 14th and am looking for a female partner to start the trail with. I am 19 years old and a pretty experienced hiker. I am WFA (Wilderness first aid) certified and have done several sections of the AT before.
I am very committed to making it to Katahdin no matter what and am looking for someone with a similar attitude! While I believe that hiking the AT is very much a personal odyssey, I would really like to start it with another female around the same age who is serious about doing this to the end.
I go to school in Colorado and am from Philadelphia. Please contact me if you are interested in starting out together :)

arrow188
02-19-2013, 08:22
Hello! I know you posted this a while ago, but are you still looking for a hiking partner? I am a 19 year old female as well. I am very much a beginner at this. The Appalachian Trail has always been a dream of mine, and about a month ago I realized that this year might be the perfect time to make this dream come true. I have always loved to hike, but I have no backpacking experience. However, what I lack in experience I certainly make up for with desire and determination to reach Katahdin. I agree with you that the AT is in many ways a personal journey, but I realize that I need to at least start, and if it works out maybe even finish the trail with someone because of my lack of experience. Because I still need to get outfitted with gear, (and hopefully get back into shape) I guess an end of March start date would be more feasible for me. Please let me know if you are still looking for a hiking partner!

mgz5005
02-19-2013, 15:12
Hi! I am a 23 year old female, looking to start hiking the last weekend in March, the 30th/31st. I have a fair amount of backpacking experience, but am also fairly out of shape from working at a desk for the past year. So I'm hoping to start off "easy" if there is such a thing on the AT, until I get my hiking legs back. I am very nervous about hiking alone, so let me know if you want to meet up that weekend!

Aughra
02-19-2013, 20:25
To Arrow188: I live across the river from you in New Castle NH. I am heading to Springer on March 23rd. Maybe I'll see you around.

crazydave1234
02-22-2013, 23:47
:sunMy name is Erin (age 25) and I will be hiking the trail with my husband and his friend starting in the first 2 weeks of April and have been in training and getting in shape. We have bought our camping gear and are getting ready to break the new gear in. I would like to have some female company to balance out our party as our neighbor and friend has announced that he wants to come along :rolleyes: . I would like to have someone to share my trip and have girl time with that I could relate to. If you are interrested contact me at [email protected] :)