PDA

View Full Version : Entering NH

MadRiver
06-08-2005, 10:34
When do thru-hikers generally begin to arrive in NH?

Footslogger
06-08-2005, 10:46
Right after they cross the bridge coming out of Norwich, CT.

Just kidding ...I couldn't resist. Didn't mean to make fun of your question.

My guess is that the early hikers arrive in NH around late July early August. I myself hit Hanover around the 3rd week of August, if memory serves me correctly.

'Slogger

Ender
06-08-2005, 11:07
Right after they cross the bridge coming out of Norwich, CT.

Just kidding ...I couldn't resist. Didn't mean to make fun of your question.

My guess is that the early hikers arrive in NH around late July early August. I myself hit Hanover around the 3rd week of August, if memory serves me correctly.

'Slogger

Pretty sure you mean Norwich, VT and not Norwich, CT. Norwich CT is a bit further off the trail. :)

You sound right on about the time hikers hit NH though, even if they are flying from CT. :bse

(sorry, I couldnt' resist either!)

Footslogger
06-08-2005, 11:18
Pretty sure you mean Norwich, VT and not Norwich, CT. Norwich CT is a bit further off the trail. :)
(sorry, I couldnt' resist either!)========================================
Ooopsss ...my bad. Guess I had that one coming !! But hey, one out of two ain't bad.

'Slogger

A-Train
06-08-2005, 11:23
June 21st was when I did. Probably about 20 hikers in front of me at that point. Still pretty early though. The "pack" is probably coming in during august and the first half of sept.

Happy Feet
06-08-2005, 12:22
We crossed into NH on June 29. We certainly weren't at the head of the pack, but we were there earlier than most. It was still cold when we climbed Mooselauke on the fourth of July. We had to stay in Hanover awhile - love that Ben & Jerry's scoop shop (great co-op too)!