PDA

View Full Version : Hiawassee, Ga.

BlackJack1
02-01-2013, 01:21
So, I awoke trashed in Mull's Hotel in downtown Hiawassee, Ga. The temperature outside was 29 degree's F. As I turned up the music and listened to Jerry Garcia wail a Bitch of a Solo from 1994, it dawned on me that I was low on beer. Who cares if I have to piss? I can do that on the way. Besides, the gas station is right up the street. No, I will never make it unless there are white blaze's marking the way. I could make a path of yellow blaze's. The T.V. screamed out, " Six caller's ahead of us Jimmy!" and still it was 5 a.m. and I had just awoke trashed in Mull's Hotel in downtown Hiawassee, Ga. The temperature outside was 29 degree's F.

tjkenney67
02-01-2013, 01:38
Dude, by the sound of your rambling post it sounds like you're drinking Georgia white lightning not beer... Lol.

brian039
02-01-2013, 02:04
I think you're a couple of days early for Groundhog Day?

Sly
02-01-2013, 03:59
Black Jack, I'm really enjoying your AT videos, and made a playlist of all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxup3lSlYQY&list=PLagchtyC-HSY9wftC4awujyfVl38h_QxK

Keep them coming. Hopefully, you'll make it further north this year.

Any idea what happen to the Triple Crown YoYo hiker Dakota Joe?

Firefighter503
02-01-2013, 08:50
So... got a trail journal?

WingedMonkey
02-01-2013, 09:32
I was gonna post that you needed to get a hold of Sly, he wants to make you a star. But I see He was already at it.

:sun

TheGreek
02-01-2013, 09:43
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

bigcranky
02-01-2013, 11:48
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Love it. Need to re-read that, starting tonight.

TheGreek
02-01-2013, 11:54
Love it. Need to re-read that, starting tonight.

If you like his stuff, check out The Great Shark Hunt. It's a collection of some of his best articles.

Also, Fear And Loathing on the Campaign Trail if you like politics.

bigcranky
02-01-2013, 13:43
Yup, I like F&L on the Campaign Trail too. I'll look for Shark Hunt, though I'm pretty sure I've read it. HST was a character, that's for sure.

Sly
02-01-2013, 14:57
I was gonna post that you needed to get a hold of Sly, he wants to make you a star. But I see He was already at it.

:sun

Hello Whiteblaze, it's February 1, 2013. Everyone needs a role model and Black Jack is mine! Alright, we'll see you later, be good.

TheGreek
02-01-2013, 15:18
We were somewhere around Hiawassee, on the edge of the Trail, when the Moonshine began to take hold.

We had two bags of trail mix, seventy-five ounces of peanut butter of mescaline, five snickers bars, a saltshaker half-full of spike, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored snack cakes, twinkies, pies, candies... Also, a quart of ice cream, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a large pizza, and two cliff bars. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious food bag, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the pizza. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a thru-hiker in the depths of a pizza binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Sorry, I really couldn't help myself.

BlackJack1
02-03-2013, 02:34
Black Jack, I'm really enjoying your AT videos, and made a playlist of all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxup3lSlYQY&list=PLagchtyC-HSY9wftC4awujyfVl38h_QxK

Keep them coming. Hopefully, you'll make it further north this year.

Any idea what happen to the Triple Crown YoYo hiker Dakota Joe?

He was 1 or 2 days ahead of me.

cliffdiver
02-03-2013, 11:42
We were somewhere around Hiawassee, on the edge of the Trail, when the Moonshine began to take hold.

We had two bags of trail mix, seventy-five ounces of peanut butter of mescaline, five snickers bars, a saltshaker half-full of spike, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored snack cakes, twinkies, pies, candies... Also, a quart of ice cream, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a large pizza, and two cliff bars. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious food bag, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried me was the pizza. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a thru-hiker in the depths of a pizza binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Sorry, I really couldn't help myself.

I hope you don't mind, but I put this on reddit.com, this was too funny not to share...

BlackJack1
02-04-2013, 01:41
Now, it's cold. Below Freezing. I dig the Solo from Jerry ! and some girl is beside me? on YouTube?

Bloomer
02-04-2013, 02:16
So what show in 94? I Did that year on the raod with the boys... just asking