PDA

View Full Version : Trail Fever

HillyBill
02-01-2013, 16:19
I've been a lurker to WB for some time now. This is my first post. I want to say hello and thank you for so many great tips. I guess I'm now an official virtual hiker :)

Here's my story. I've got AT fever real bad. Life circumstances dictate that I probably won't thru-hike for at least another 15 years, but I'd like to section hike until then.

I have about 1000 nights under the stars -- mostly military and mostly in places where the stars burn bright. I hope to learn a lot more from everyone here and to cheer and support others in their trail adventures.

God bless!

Karma13
02-01-2013, 16:21
Hi, HillyBill. Welcome!

:welcome

Finger Lakes -- that's a gorgeous area.

Thank you for your service. And happy hiking!

HikerMom58
02-01-2013, 16:27
I've been a lurker to WB for some time now. This is my first post. I want to say hello and thank you for so many great tips. I guess I'm now an official virtual hiker :)

Here's my story. I've got AT fever real bad. Life circumstances dictate that I probably won't thru-hike for at least another 15 years, but I'd like to section hike until then.

I have about 1000 nights under the stars -- mostly military and mostly in places where the stars burn bright. I hope to learn a lot more from everyone here and to cheer and support others in their trail adventures.

God bless!

Well welcome HillyBill.. so glad to have you here. Make yourself at home. God bless you as well and thanks for your service.

solobip
02-01-2013, 16:42
Welcome Hilly, there doesn't seem to be a permanent cure for the "fever". God help you on your gear choice/selection. And now that you are an "official" virtual hiker, make sure you grab a stool at HB's cafe. That is where you really learn the good stuff. Seriously, welcome on and thanks for your service, and hope to see you on the southern part of the trail as it don't look like I getting up north anytime soon.

BobTheBuilder
02-01-2013, 17:08
Welcome aboard. I got the fever myself about 8 years ago, and have been sectioning ever since. A lot of good info here, particularly in the articles. The opinions seem to get a little skewed sometimes, but you'll figure out pretty quick who is smart and who is trolling. Enjoy!

Maybe one day
02-01-2013, 21:29
Got the fever also, and it will be several years...hence the name

2NewKnees
02-01-2013, 23:17
Once you have the fever to hike the whole AT I don't think it leaves you until you do it. I also have 15-17 years til I can go. Counting down the days. For now I have to find a way to do sections when I can. I've done the Whites, Nantahala thru Wesser to Fontana, and some sections into Damascus with my best friend when he Thru hiked it in 97? Can't wait to do some section this spring and summer. Hit me up if you're interested in a trip in NC or Va.

Odd Man Out
02-01-2013, 23:23
Welcome Hilly Bill

The only cure is more COW BELL

Pressure D
02-02-2013, 00:19
Welcome Hilly Billy. I have been waiting 35 years for my thru hike, I start April 8th. Where in the finger lakes are you from. I have a cottage on Senaca Lake.