PDA

View Full Version : 1st NOBO?

The Cleaner
02-02-2013, 21:24
Last Sunday I started off late PM to hike up to Jerry's Cabin shelter to check for recent ice storm damage in the area.Not much snow left(then) and didn't find much ice storm damage either.On Monday I hiked up to Buzzard Rock in the Rocky Fork area and back to the shelter.On Tuesday before leaving to hike down to my ride after lunch,Will Call ,who left Springer on 1-5 stopped to get water and we talked a few minutes.He has hiked the trail before and has experience in winter camping&hiking.So I guess he knows when to hike and when to get off the trail during snowstorms.BTW he said Rifle had made it through the Smokies and was at the hostel near Davenport Gap.He said Rifle was a pretty nice guy and seemed to have adequate gear.So Rifle should be in or past Hot Springs by now.Just sayin'....:sun

moldy
02-04-2013, 12:48
According to his Trail Journal he will be in Erwin Tn today. He is not the first NOBO this year. The majority don't report in here or on Trail Journals, they just hike. Some don't even sign in at the shelters.

Lone Wolf
02-04-2013, 12:52
there's been some come thru damascus already

TOW
02-04-2013, 13:25
I met a couple of nobo's early last week....

Sly
02-04-2013, 13:27
I met a couple of nobo's early last week....

Names? Did they have trail journals?

HikerMom58
02-04-2013, 13:30

Yes, yes.... inquiring minds want to know!!

Lone Wolf
02-04-2013, 13:41

i didn't talk to em. every year there's guys like that. they usually don't do journals and such