PDA

View Full Version : Gear List what do you think

starbright
02-03-2013, 00:03
This is my gear list I know it is alittle heavy but is there anything that I'm missing or could do without?

Backpack
Outdoor Products Frame pack 8.0
4 lbs

Tent
2 person
2.5 lbs.

Sleeping Bag
Mummy 0*
3 lbs.

Sleeping Pad
Foam Pad (Walmart)
6 ozs.

Bathroom Stuff
Personals, Tolit Paper, Toothbrooth, Toothpaste,

Soap, Shampoo
12 ozs.

1st Aid Kit
Med's, Ace, Bandaids, Sugar Tester, Duct Tape
2 lbs.

Fuel
Heet
12 ozs.

Kitchen
Stove, Pans, Spoon, Windshield, Cozy
12 oz.s

Water
2 Gatoraid Bottles
64 ozs.

Food
Noodles, Potatoes, Spam, Etc....
14 lbs.

Clothing Being Worn
2 Longsleeve Shirts
8 ozs.

Shortsleeve Shirt
4 ozs.

Underware
1 ozs.

LongJohn Pants
6 ozs.

Vest
10 ozs.

Wind Pants
3 ozs.

Wool Socks
2 ozs.

Sock Liners
1 ozs.

Hiking Boots
2.5 lbs.

Hat
5 ozs.

Gloves
3 ozs.

Baloclava
8 ozs

Clothes in Pack
Longsleeve Shirt
4 ozs.

Shortsleeve Shirt
4 ozs.

Wool Socks
2 ozs.

Sock Liners
1 ozs.

Capri's
8 ozs.

Swimsuit
2 ozs.

Poncho
3 ozs.

Jacket
8 ozs.

Backpack Cover
Just a cheap one
1 ozs.

Folding Shovel
Cheap one from Walmart
3 ozs.

starbright
02-03-2013, 00:04
Forgot my crocks they weight 4 ozs.

topshelf
02-03-2013, 00:24
so you have 3 long sleeve and 3 short sleeves shirts? id simplify clothing. are your wind pants rain pants?

you could probably leave the shovel, i just use my boot, stick, or rock

I would only fill one of those water bottles up when hiking, theres a lot of water out there right now. can fill both up in camp or in dry stretches.

i would add a pack liner and a dependable pack cover

what about water filtration?

14 lbs for food seems heavy, will you need all that food?

guide book?

if you wanna carry soap, get the stuff that you can bathe and do the dishes with, or any other kind of cleaning.

and id search for a much better pack option, unless you like that pack

Odd Man Out
02-03-2013, 00:59
First Aid Kit could be trimmed way down (2 lbs?)

Rocket Jones
02-03-2013, 01:15
This keeps getting posted in threads like these because it's an excellent packing list (http://www.backpacker.com/november_08_pack_man_/articles/12659?page=4).

I agree with the above - too many clothes, way too much 'first aid', ditch the shovel, and depending on how much cooking you're going to do, leave one of your 'pans' at home. You might not need that much fuel between resupply stops too.

Have you tested your gear? Some people can sleep on a blue foam pad. I carry a bit of it for a sit pad and to add extra insulation in really cold weather, but I can't get a good night's sleep on it by itself.

prain4u
02-03-2013, 02:31
Your clothing choices seem both "unique" and a bit excessive. You state that will be wearing a short sleeve shirt, TWO long sleeve shirts, a vest. long john pants, wind pants, gloves, and balaclava (sort of like you are on a cold weather hike). YET, YOUR JACKET IS IN YOUR PACK! Why is that? THEN, you also pack a SWIMSUIT and CAPRIS? When/where are you hiking? You are carrying almost enough clothes for two people and you are carrying both winter and summer clothes at the same time. You can probably reduce your clothing list by almost half. It might help you to make the cut if you figure out the weather conditions for the time of your hike. You probably don't need both winter and summer clothes AT THE SAME TIME (in most instances).

You have a LOT of food. How long are you going to be hiking? Just judging by the WEIGHT of the food--you have enough food for 7-10 days. Any chance of resupply in the middle of your hike so you don't need to carry as much? If you are not hiking for 7-10 days, maybe you are carrying TOO MUCH food or maybe carrying food which is TOO HEAVY.

You have the word "Pans" in your cook gear list. Most people don't need more than one small cooking pot.

Again, depending on your stove, what food you are cooking, and how long you will be gone--12 oz. of HEET seems like a lot. That is easily a 9-10 day supply of fuel for me (but I don't drink coffee and I eat only one hot meal per day)

I agree with others who say a 2 lb. first aid kit seems like a lot. I get by with just a few ounces. (I do notice you have a sugar meter. Are you diabetic? Is that the reason why you have 2 lbs of meds,and first aid gear? Can you find a way to SAFELY reduce that amount?) I also see duct tape on your first aid list. You can probably get by with just a few feet of duct tape wrapped around a trekking pole, water bottle or some other object. You will not need a full roll)

MISSING: What about water treatment or water filtration? Most would recommend having one or the other. I recommend a bandana (or two) for multiple uses (it can be a towel, headband, first aid bandage, used for wiping a sweaty brow etc.). Many would suggest a guidebook (and/or maybe a map/compass--but that is one of the biggest Whiteblaze debates!). Some sort of knife or razor blade for cutting. Something for a bear bag/bear rope? Ziplock bag(s) or similar thing(s) for your trash. Some people like chapstick (I don't). Some people would say insect repellant. I don't carry a cup--but some folks do. Matches/lighter, flashlight/headlamp.

WEIGHT: I know money is probably tight---but if you can buy some lighter gear--your pack, tent and sleeping bag seem a tiny bit on the heavy side. (The tent might not be heavy if actually have 2 people for that 2 person tent). These items are not grossly heavy and I am not suggesting that you MUST run out and get different items. However, you could probably cut 2-3 lbs if you bought lighter ones. (Also, do you need a ZERO DEGREE mummy bag when/where you are hiking?)

Good Luck and Happy hiking!

hauptman
02-03-2013, 03:04
To the contrary, at this point I say add an item----a sherpa.

hauptman
02-03-2013, 03:05
To the contrary, at this point I say add an item--a sherpa.

hauptman
02-03-2013, 03:06
To the contrary, at this point I say add an item---a sherpa.

Slo-go'en
02-03-2013, 03:26
From her blog, apparently Starbright wants to start March 8th and thru-hike for $1000. This is going to be a challenge.

A 3oz poncho and an 8 oz jacket sound like a plastic poncho and a nylon shell. Neither will cut it for spring rain. You need at least a nylon poncho for it to last and be of any use. Preferably Silnylon.

Dispite the amount of clothes, I don't think they will be warm enough. The only warm layer is the vest and at 10 oz, can't be very warm (unless it's down?)

For camp I would have a thermal long sleeve top, a long sleeve nylon work shirt (Dickies are good and can be found at thrift stores), the vest and/or mid weight fleece jacket, nylon wind breaker shell. This combo should be comfortable down to 35-40.

For while hiking, use the minimum amount needed to stay warm depending on conditions.

prain4u
02-03-2013, 15:38
From her blog, apparently Starbright wants to start March 8th and thru-hike for $1000. This is going to be a challenge.

A 3oz poncho and an 8 oz jacket sound like a plastic poncho and a nylon shell. Neither will cut it for spring rain. You need at least a nylon poncho for it to last and be of any use. Preferably Silnylon.

Dispite the amount of clothes, I don't think they will be warm enough. The only warm layer is the vest and at 10 oz, can't be very warm (unless it's down?)

For camp I would have a thermal long sleeve top, a long sleeve nylon work shirt (Dickies are good and can be found at thrift stores), the vest and/or mid weight fleece jacket, nylon wind breaker shell. This combo should be comfortable down to 35-40.

For while hiking, use the minimum amount needed to stay warm depending on conditions.

Starbright...
Now that I know that you are really wanting to start a thru hike--March 8th--with only $1,000---I must fully agree with Slo-go'en's observations and recommendations. You don't have enough of the RIGHT clothes and/or the RIGHT gear for the job. One can carry a 50 lb pack and still not be carrying the right 50 lbs. Such is the case here.

If you encounter a spring blizzard you could REALLY be at risk of hypothermia/exposure. Depending upon what your "long sleeve shirts" happen to be--you apparently have no thermal type of clothing on top. You also have no warm outer layer on top (such as a down or synthetic filled coat or "parka" or fleece). The 3 oz. poncho will probably not hold up very long --especially in winter/early spring conditions (crawling around fallen trees, dealing with snow and ice). It will soon be a shredded mess. Then you will have virtually no "wind break" sort of layer for your top at all. (I also hope that none of your clothing items are made of cotton. If they get wet, you are really at risk of things like hypothermia.

I would invite you to look at some of the other online gear lists--scrap your entire clothing plan--and rebuild it from scratch. Maybe you will be able to salvage some of your current clothing items. My guess is that you will probably choose to leave many of your current clothing items at home and/or replace them with the right clothes and right layers for what could (at times) be essentially a winter hike.

Good Luck and Happy Hiking!

Chuckie V
02-03-2013, 15:48

Now that was funny!

Drybones
02-03-2013, 15:53
Forgot my crocks they weight 4 ozs.

Unless you have very small feet you might want to weigh those again. I wear a size 12 and mine weigh 15 oz.

Drybones
02-03-2013, 16:01

+1....too much for me to carry. You should try hiking with this load for a few day before starting on the trail to see if you can handle it, I know I couldn't. You need to be certain you can sleep okay on that pad also, if you can't sleep it makes for long days.

Whack-a-mole
02-03-2013, 16:35
You can start with this load, but when you get to Neels gap, let the boys at the store work their magic, and listen to what they say. $10 of your budget is going to be to send some stuff home.

prain4u
02-03-2013, 17:11
I did some checking on the historical weather data for Franklin, NC and Gatlinburg, TN. I looked day-by-day at the RECORD low temp for each day and the AVERAGE low temp for each day.

I think that it is time for a reality check with your clothing and gear list:

In the first 15 days of March at Franklin, NC:
The AVERAGE daily low temps ranged from 32-35 degrees.
The RECORD daily low temps ranged from 2 degrees to 16 degrees

From March 8th thru March 31st at Gatlinburg, TN:

The AVERAGE daily low temps ranged from 34 degrees to 42 degrees.
The RECORD daily low temps ranged between 12 degrees and 24 degrees.

We need to remember that these weather reporting stations are not necessarily at the highest and coldest/windiest elevations. Where you will be hiking and camping WILL PROBABLY BE COLDER AND MORE WINDY!

Here is the real kicker--WINDCHILL FACTORS:

2 degree air temp with a 10 mph wind means it will feel like MINUS 14 degrees
2 degree air temp with a 20 mph wind means it will feel like MINUS 20 degrees

10 degree air temp with a 10 mph wind means it will feel like MINUS 4 degrees
10 degree air temp with a 20 mph wind means it will feel like MINUS 9 degrees

15 degree air temp with a 10 mph wind means it will feel like 3 degrees
15 degree air temp with a 20 mph wind means it will feel like MINUS 3 degrees

Imagine using your proposed clothing and gear list. Add snow/rain/wetness. Then add POTENTIAL windchills ranging between 3 degrees and MINUS 20 degrees (on a REALLY bad--worst case scenario--day).

Even with just average low temps (in the low 30s to low 40s)--you are looking at having at least some days with probable wind chills in the 20s or 30s during the first month of your hike.

I hope that you will make some changes in your gear and clothing to address potentially cold weather. (Not MORE stuff--just the RIGHT stuff.)

Have a GREAT hike!

Slo-go'en
02-03-2013, 18:45
Starbright, given your situation, you'd be well advised to delay starting until April. The weather will be better and closer match your gear. Also, you'll get move miles per dollar by waiting a month.

BuckeyeBill
02-04-2013, 22:00
First Aid Kit could be trimmed way down (2 lbs?)

If you read what she had it, a sugar tester, she is probably a diabetic and has insulin, needles and the tester itself can weigh a lot. only by changing testers coud she cut weight, but that involves changing strips and making sure your insurance will cover them.

starbright
02-04-2013, 22:14
Thanks for all the advice have tested everything except the tent which will be testing this weekend with lows at 20* and storms for 2 days straight. The clothes have been tested on a midnight walk with temps at 8* and freezing rain and sleet with 2 inches of snow on ground.

I did forget to add the flashlight, small knife, pack liner is garbage bags, food bag is waterproof bag that can be hung. Some of the weights I guessed on because of no way to weight in ounces. All total my pack with everything in it weights 39 lbs.

Stir Fry
02-04-2013, 22:14
Did you actualy weigh the items listed or just guess. Many of your weights seem a little off.

starbright
02-04-2013, 22:17
Planning on attending to the ATKO then starting the trail on the 11th. And yes for a thru hike. As far as the amount of food planning to stay out of towns as much as possible.

starbright
02-04-2013, 22:25
Weighed some of the items together then split up the weight between them.

Yes am diabetic do have to keep watch on it also have knee brace added in with the first aid kit because of knee that comes out of place from time to time. I figure better to have it with me than not it could mean the difference of being able to get to next town and having to find help. I for one have trouble asking for help so I have my brace handy.

Stir Fry
02-04-2013, 22:32
Just looked at your Journal entry and I hope this does not sound mean but, as was said in on Lem's movies "GOOD LUCK".

starbright
02-04-2013, 23:54
Ok just re-weighed my food bag it weights 8.8 lbs.

starbright
02-05-2013, 01:27
Ok re-weighed everything and my pack weights 23.2 lbs with out food and water and 36 lbs with.

As far as the questions about the shirts all total I have 3 long sleeve and 2 short sleeve one pair of wind pants one pair of capri's and 1 pair of long john bottoms. 1 Vest 1 nylon jacket shell that is waterproof. Have had it since I lived in Iowa and went to college everyday in temps at 20* below 0. I also have a swimsuit bottom don't plan on sending stuff to myself along the trail so everything I will need for my hike will be with me.

As far as the water purification I have a pump and will be getting tablets had to order them our store does not carry them.

starbright
02-05-2013, 01:56
Also forgot to mention that I have read all the treads about clothing and you can purchase good quality at cheaper prices and still get the right material.

No nothing that is being taken is cotton

Monkey627
02-05-2013, 02:12
Hi Starbright. I like your pack list and I disagree with everyone who says you need to lighten your clothes list and they should probably read what you put instead of only seeing that you're doing this on $1000. Well good luck and I hope you complete your through hike.

Slo-go'en
02-05-2013, 03:44
You asked for advice and you got it, though apparenty it was not what you wanted to hear.

It's really cold where I live too and I don't put on much when just going to out to the car and then running into a building. But if I'm going to be spending 24/7 out in the cold, I want some warm clothes!

Diabetic, knee problems, marginal gear and clothes, early start, little money, overweight? - the odds are not in your favor. If I thought it would help, I'd pray for your safety. I still think you'd be better off starting later in April.

starbright
02-05-2013, 04:18
Yes I asked for advice

And was only correcting assumptions that some had made. The clothing that I have will work in extreme cold I have tested them. My pack is only 36 lbs I thought that is around what most start out with. I have 7 day supply of food so as to not have to stop at every town I come to for resuppy everyone says that they spend most of their money while in towns.

I did ask for advice and appreciate all. Was only trying to answer some of the questions asked by everyone. Sorry if it came across wrong. Most make assumptions after finding out that I don't have a lot of money for my thru hike. Just because I'm not hiking with a lot of money dosent mean that I am putting my life in danger with crappy clothing and equipment and not quality stuff.

I do appreciate all answers that is why I have been able to add to the original post. I went back and re-weighed everything and have the weight with and without food and water. I had estimated the weight of the food basied on everyone saying that most carry 2 lbs of food per day. Therefore 7 days would be 14 lbs. So I hadn't accually weighed the food thanks to post from others I know know what my 7 day supply weights.

Thanks

prain4u
02-05-2013, 05:50
You asked for advice and you got it, though apparenty it was not what you wanted to hear.

It's really cold where I live too and I don't put on much when just going to out to the car and then running into a building. But if I'm going to be spending 24/7 out in the cold, I want some warm clothes!

Diabetic, knee problems, marginal gear and clothes, early start, little money, overweight? - the odds are not in your favor. If I thought it would help, I'd pray for your safety. I still think you'd be better off starting later in April.

I have to agree with Slo-go'en. I will also go just a step or two further...

I am glad that you re-weighed things and adjusted some things and weights on your gear list. I am also very happy that your pack is far lighter than it first seemed. That reduction in pack weight increases your chances of success (especially in light of your medical issues).

That being said, I still can see NO WAY that your proposed clothing will be adequate for hiking and living in potentially cold weather 24/7--especially day after day. Actually LIVING outdoors in harsh conditions is SO VERY DIFFERENT than wearing your proposed clothing "on a midnight walk with temps at 8* and freezing rain and sleet with 2 inches of snow on ground." Please trust those of us who have "been there and done that" when it comes to cold weather hiking and camping. (With your proposed clothing list, your best hope is that we have a warm and dry late Winter and early Spring!).

I would encourage you to PLEASE humor some of of us and pack some warmer clothing for the first month or so of your hike. If we are wrong--and you are right--the worst thing you that did was carry a pound or two of "insurance". HOWEVER, if we are right--and you are wrong--the cold temperatures could cause you to experience some major health and welfare issues. Please think about what we are saying and try to give it careful consideration. This issue isn't like those times when people debate whether one should use a hammock or a tent--or use trail runners vs. boots. This particular clothing decision potentially has some life or death consequences for you if the weather gets bad.

Ironically, in light of your revised gear list--I have a NEW concern. You now say that you plan on carrying 8.8 lbs. of food for 7 days (instead of 14 lbs). I think most people would say that amount of food is probably inadequate--especially for a late winter or early Spring hike (and for a diabetic). Food/calories are one of the things that help us to stay warm in cold temps. You also tend to burn more calories if hiking in cold, snowy or rainy/slippery conditions. You say that you want to carry 7 days worth of food so that you can go into town less often--and hopefully spend less money. The "risk" of potentially spending more money while in town for resupply--is not as problematic as having too few calories (or facing the problems associated with carrying far too much weight on a knee that you acknowledge is already potentially bad). I would encourage you to carry more food per day--and to resupply more often. Carrying 7 days of ADEQUATE food for a late winter hike can be pretty heavy.

I still wish you much success and hope that all goes well. I wish you no ill will. I am just VERY worried about you and your safety/welfare with our current clothing list and food plans (coupled with your health issues).

I wish that there was a way for me to follow your hiking progress. However, it is my guess that you will not be using trail journals--or that your updates would be very rare (because you plan to go to town and be there for only a very short time).

Good luck and Happy Hiking!!

starbright
02-05-2013, 19:54
I just looked over my gear list that is posted on here and noticed that my fleece shirt isn't on there it is on the list that I did on gear grams so didn't notice it wasnt list here. I will be posting my complete food supply in my journal shortly

Yes I will be keeping a journal either with trail journal or on here during my thru hike.

Monkey627
02-05-2013, 20:05
Once again I am here to defend my Mom. We have been camping and hiking my entire life. So we've never attempted to do anything on the scale of the AT. Big deal! We have tried and tested our clothes, our bags, our tents, and our backpacks. Just because it's from walmart doesn't mean it's crap. My whole life my Mom has told me. "If I don't have anything nice or helpful to say then keep my mouth shut." Maybe some of you on here shpuld take that advise. Also we lived in a house for six months, mostly winter, without electricity or running water. So we know how to stay warm and take what life has thrown us. Even with people trying to keep us down. Hope to see you lovely people on the trail!

starbright
02-05-2013, 21:53
I want to appologize for the outburst of my daughter. She did'nt read everything and jumped to conclusions about what everyone was saying. She assumed that everyone was being mean and judging us for not having alot of money. I just discovered that she had posted this on here. I have explained that everyone was trying to be helpful out of concern that we didnt have the appropriate items needed for a thru hike. I am sorry she took it the wrong way. Thanks again for all the helpful advice.

Kaptain Kangaroo
02-05-2013, 22:14
Here are a few things that could be added to your list

Headlamp/ light source
Camera (this is way too good an experience to miss out on photos)
Journal + pen/pencil (for keeping notes until you get online)
Hiking poles (you mentioned you have bad knees...poles are a huge benefit if you have knee problems)

And a few extra that some people on here would say are not necessary...... ;-)

Guidebook
maps
compass
bear bag & line

I would add to the previous posters suggestions about your clothing list. To me it does not seem like enough warm gear for an early March start. It's not just about being cold, but about being cold & wet & then needing some additional warm gear to change into............. especially in an emergency if you get seriously chilled on a cold, wet, windy day & all your clothes are wet through..........

bfayer
02-05-2013, 22:28
Once again I am here to defend my Mom. We have been camping and hiking my entire life. So we've never attempted to do anything on the scale of the AT. Big deal! We have tried and tested our clothes, our bags, our tents, and our backpacks. Just because it's from walmart doesn't mean it's crap. My whole life my Mom has told me. "If I don't have anything nice or helpful to say then keep my mouth shut." Maybe some of you on here shpuld take that advise. Also we lived in a house for six months, mostly winter, without electricity or running water. So we know how to stay warm and take what life has thrown us. Even with people trying to keep us down. Hope to see you lovely people on the trail!

Monkey627,

I'm sure you guys will do fine.

Try to remember its hard to figure out where people are coming from by the tone of their writing. Some people on here come across as a little rough when they write, but they are just trying to be helpful.

Trust me a lot of people on here have been in your shoes. No one is looking down on you guys. Just listen to what they have to say and weigh it against your own knowledge and situation.

Starbright, No need to apologize. Good luck with the planning and the hike.

prain4u
02-05-2013, 23:18
Monkey627: I appreciate you defending your mom. I want you to know that I am not trying to "keep you--or your mom-- down". I am actually just trying very hard to help y'all be successful on your trip. I am also trying to make sure that your mom has enough warm clothes to say healthy and safe. If I sound harsh or blunt--it is because I care that much about her safety. If I didn't care--I wouldn't be posting responses to her questions.

This is not about the amount of money that someone has in the bank. This is not about having expensive, namebrand, or high tech gear. It is about carrying enough warm clothes to be safe and warm. I don't care if the clothes come from Wal-Mart or a second-hand store or a rummage sale. I don't care if they weigh more than the fancy expensive gear. But, one DOES need to have enough warm clothes when living outdoors 24/7. Even living in a house without any heat or electricity is often a whole lot warmer than being out on the trail, in a shelter or in a tent in the late winter or early Spring.

(Since I wrote my previous posts, your mom has also added a post of her own in which she states that she forgot to include her fleece in the previous gear list that she posted. That fleece makes at least some difference regarding her ability to warm).

I too have been VERY poor during many parts of my own life. I still did camping and hiking--with a pack that weighed 50-60 lbs--and no fancy or expensive gear. Heck, I even wore lots of cotton clothing--which is now considered a big no-no. One does not have to be rich or have expensive gear to hike.

Yes, I do keep encouraging your mom to carry lighter stuff--and to carry less days of food at one time--because your mom also has one or two bad knees and a bad back. A lower pack weight increases her chances of completing this hike.

I will admit that I am a VERY blunt and harsh (and long-winded) when I write my posts. Thus, I apologize if that comes across as being mean or a "hater". I would invite you to go back and re-read my previous posts and try not to think of them as coming from a "hater" who wants to keep your mom down. Think of them as a coming from a person who actually very much wants your mom to succeed and someone who is genuinely worried about her safety and her chances of success if she doesn't have enough warm clothes, enough food to eat, and a pack light enough for her knees and back. Sorry if I have upset you.

starbright
02-06-2013, 00:22
Headlamp/ light source
Camera (this is way too good an experience to miss out on photos)
Journal + pen/pencil (for keeping notes until you get online)
Hiking poles (you mentioned you have bad knees...poles are a huge benefit if you have knee problems)

And a few extra that some people on here would say are not necessary...... ;-)

Guidebook
maps
compass
bear bag & line

It's amazing how much stuff that you have and don't remember to put on a list. I seem to have forgotten alot of items that have been mentioned.

I have a small flashlight, camera on phone and charger, Kids have mp3 player with camera, notebook and pen, 2 hiking poles, guidebook, compass (daughter is carrying it), waterproof bag that can hang, 50' polycord (think thats what it is called), 6 safety pins, whistle, extra straps that were left over when I added the straps on bottom of backpack to hold sleeping pad, small bottle of hand santitizer, small bag of wet ones I think that is it probably have something else in there that I have forgotten about.

The shirts that we have are the same % of materials that shirts from REI, Campmore, Academy, and several others sell (I did do my homework). Also have a Fleece longsleeve 1/4 zip shirt.
Yes the jacket is probably not the best but cant replace them at this time. That is where the vest comes in if needed.
The poncho is ugh cant think of what it is called. It's lightweight feels kinda like paper but it not and alot stronger. Wish I could remember what it is called already threw away the papers on it.
I know there is probably better quality stuff out there but this is what we have to start our hike. I don't know of anyway to change up what we have at this time. We are starting our thru on March 8th with the ATKO then hitting the trail on the 11th 2013.
I am glad that so many are concerned and I appriciate your advice but only so much can be done between now and then.

Thanks

Slo-go'en
02-06-2013, 01:11
Now that I know you'll have the kids with you I REALLY think you should delay starting until mid April.

starbright
02-06-2013, 01:29
Sorry about that they are still kids to me it's the mom in me.

My son is 22 and my daughter is 17.