PDA

View Full Version : Section Hike the Florida Trail

perrymk
02-03-2013, 18:56
I have been mulling over the idea of section hiking the Florida Trail over the next 3-4 years. I am thinking mainly as a series of 10-15 mile day hikes but may do some overnight hikes also. I hope to keep a modest pace of 2.5mph or so. I live just north of Tallahassee and will be starting with what is close by. If anyone would like to join me for hiking/shuttling, please PM. My car is small and really only seats two but we can work it out if there are more. If you're not in my area but are interested in joining me when I come by your area, that's fine too. I'll keep your name on file and let you know when I am planning on passing through.

Yesterday I did a 10 mile stretch of the Bradwell Bay section. I would like to continue from the Sopchoppy trailhead to the Medart trailhead next.

WingedMonkey
02-03-2013, 19:14
Yesterday I did a 10 mile stretch of the Bradwell Bay section.

How much water on the trail there this year?

perrymk
02-03-2013, 19:19
The outside of my shoe got mucky at a couple of spots but not enough to soak through. It was easy enough to hop over and walk around the water.

I actually planned this. Our rainfall is about 2 inches below normal so I figured now is the time to do this section. Fortunately I was correct.

WingedMonkey
02-03-2013, 19:27
Better than up to my armpits.

:sun