PDA

View Full Version : SOBO sleeping bag options?

Tree Nerd
02-03-2013, 21:01
So a sleeping bag is the last piece of gear I want to update before my SOBO and I'm lost. I would like to get one bag and use it for the entire thru so its a tough decision. I want a mummy bag, down, two way zippers, and a full length zipper. I have been looking at getting a Marmot sawtooth 15degree and taking my sleeping bag liner to use for summer nights. What do you all think?

tarantolk
02-03-2013, 21:19
I plan on bringing my 15 degree down for my whole thru, SOBO as well. Most switch out, as I've heard, but I prefer to just stick with one.

Tree Nerd
02-03-2013, 21:25
I plan on bringing my 15 degree down for my whole thru, SOBO as well. Most switch out, as I've heard, but I prefer to just stick with one.

I would like to switch because I dont see myself using it much after the whites untill TN, but I dont want to deal with switching bags and buying a warm weather bag.

4shot
02-03-2013, 21:28
marmot bags are great. I went NOBO, started with a 20 degree bag, switched to a 40 or 45 degree bag in Va. Carried a silk liner with both of these. During the summer just carried the liner with a fleece blanket. In Burlington, shipped the blanket home and picked up my 40-45 degree bag at the PO (and needed that very first night). The Marmot bags are true to the ratings, no way can I see anyone carrying a 15 -20 degree bag the entire trip.

wesleygalles
02-03-2013, 22:41
So a sleeping bag is the last piece of gear I want to update before my SOBO and I'm lost. I would like to get one bag and use it for the entire thru so its a tough decision. I want a mummy bag, down, two way zippers, and a full length zipper. I have been looking at getting a Marmot sawtooth 15degree and taking my sleeping bag liner to use for summer nights. What do you all think?

Hey man! I actually JUST got my Marmot Sawtooth in 3 days ago and I absolutely love it. Super warm, very soft. It's a great bag, and I'm going SOBO with it this summer!

Tree Nerd
02-03-2013, 23:11
Hey man! I actually JUST got my Marmot Sawtooth in 3 days ago and I absolutely love it. Super warm, very soft. It's a great bag, and I'm going SOBO with it this summer!

Everything I have heard about them is good and I like the rating and specs of it along with the price.....how small does it pack up? I have heard different things from everyone I have talked to?

wesleygalles
02-04-2013, 02:34
It packs up fairly small. Since it's down, it basically packs into nothing. I seriously love it!