PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE of Brady "Mantis" Tinker

bassbusterfiss
02-05-2013, 11:26
Was just reading Gifted King's trail journal and it seems he had a bad experience with an other thru hiker in Franklin NC. He states that Brady "Mantis" Tinker tried to yoggi his things. He put a knife or machete to the young guys neck wanting his jacket and other items. Then when it was reported to the PD, Mantis told them he was only joking and they did nothing. IMO Not cool and not a joke. Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware. I googled the guy to find a mug shot out of Alabama. Just wanted to see what he looked like if I run into him.

HikerMom58
02-05-2013, 11:31
Sounds like that punk that someone was talking about on the FB page- 2013 Thru Hikers. Nice to be aware/informed of creeps like this...

Lone Wolf
02-05-2013, 11:40
Was just reading Gifted King's trail journal and it seems he had a bad experience with an other thru hiker in Franklin NC. He states that Brady "Mantis" Tinker tried to yoggi his things. He put a knife or machete to the young guys neck wanting his jacket and other items. Then when it was reported to the PD, Mantis told them he was only joking and they did nothing. IMO Not cool and not a joke. Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware. I googled the guy to find a mug shot out of Alabama. Just wanted to see what he looked like if I run into him.
why can't somethin' like that happen to me. maybe we'll meet if he makes it to damascus

HikerMom58
02-05-2013, 11:44
why can't somethin' like that happen to me. maybe we'll meet if he makes it to damascus

Maybe you should be a Ridgerunner this year, LW.. then you could whip all those "bad boys" into shape.

Lone Wolf
02-05-2013, 11:46
Maybe you should be a Ridgerunner this year, LW.. then you could whip all those "bad boys" into shape.

the AT doesn't need ridgerunners

Sly
02-05-2013, 11:47
Sounds like that punk that someone was talking about on the FB page- 2013 Thru Hikers. Nice to be aware/informed of creeps like this...

I believe the guy they were talking about in the Facebook 2013 AT group was Lazy Susan, a 2012 hiker.

RF_ace
02-05-2013, 12:09
How is this guy not behind bars, that is a criminal offense. That guy will wind up pulling a knife on someone who has a gun and it will be his last time doing that

Lone Wolf
02-05-2013, 12:12
How is this guy not behind bars, that is a criminal offense. That guy will wind up pulling a knife on someone who has a gun and it will be his last time doing that

wouldn't that be awesome?

atmilkman
02-05-2013, 12:16
wouldn't that be awesome?
Especially if you could be sittin' there watchin' while you were eating supper.

RF_ace
02-05-2013, 12:19
Dinner and a show

Ender
02-05-2013, 12:46
Take the bickering off-line, please.

Rain Man
02-05-2013, 12:56
How is this guy not behind bars, that is a criminal offense.

I gotta agree ... seems he admitted he did the act, when he told the police he was "just kidding." The police should leave the judging up to the judge.

That guy will wind up pulling a knife on someone who has a gun and it will be his last time doing that

You delusional? What are you gonna do, call "Time Out" while he puts his knife down and you dig out your gun? With the spate of military-trained super shooters getting murdered recently, it's plain that "more guns" and "training" is NOT going to help much when you run into a bad guy who has the drop on you.

Maybe some self-defense training MIGHT work with a knife at your throat, but not a gun.

Rain Man

Toli
02-05-2013, 13:01
Take the bickering off-line, please.
Done... PM on the way Ender...

MyName1sMud
02-05-2013, 13:11
Someone like me. That would have been his last day on this great planet of ours. If i'm vertical... i've got a gun on me. In this day and age it's almost insane NOT to carry a gun on you to protect yourself and your loved ones.

MDSection12
02-05-2013, 13:15
Someone like me. That would have been his last day on this great planet of ours. If i'm vertical... i've got a gun on me. In this day and age it's almost insane NOT to carry a gun on you to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Wow, I'm glad I don't live in your 'day and age.' :p

MyName1sMud
02-05-2013, 13:17
You delusional? What are you gonna do, call "Time Out" while he puts his knife down and you dig out your gun? With the spate of military-trained super shooters getting murdered recently, it's plain that "more guns" and "training" is NOT going to help much when you run into a bad guy who has the drop on you.
Dellusional? Dig out the gun? I guess that goes together cause if you're carrying a gun it damn well better be in grabbing distance. Why carry the weight of a gun if you can't get your hands on it in seconds? bad guys don't wait.

Also.... that Sniper you are talking about was shot in the back. He never saw it coming.

surfnturk
02-05-2013, 13:22
Damn Mud, I like your style!

MyName1sMud
02-05-2013, 13:24
Unfortunately you do... I and pray you never experience something horrible happening and you're standing there and can't stop it cause you don't have a gun.

I mean for real.... you don't call the Fire Department, your Lawyer, your parents, your friends, your kids, when your life is in danger.... no you call the Police... people with GUNS. What are you going to do while the police are on their way? Huddle in the corner and hope you live long enough for them to get there?

surfnturk
02-05-2013, 13:25
As a past recipient of a bullet, I commend your debating technique

BirdBrain
02-05-2013, 13:26

You do live in his day and age. You may not share his perspective, but we are all in this together... for better and for worse... and things ain't getter better. I am not saying I agree with his perspective entirely, but it should cross one's mind on how they should react to this very real situation. We can talk big. We can talk peace. Regardless of the world you think you live in, when there is a knife on your throat, it is real. If the motive is to start a fight, you deserve what is coming. If the motive is to avoid the fight, I don't see how that motive can be criticized. I am not sure many consider the possibility of being threatened in this manner. If it was seriously considered, who knows what a person would do to prepare? I think it is prudent to have some plan to defend yourself. I also don't think it is wise to let others know you are prepared via bragging. After all, is the point to defend or brag?

Ender
02-05-2013, 13:31
Please also try not to let this thread devolve into a pro/anti gun political thread. Thanks!

jeffmeh
02-05-2013, 13:33
As to the "this day and age" sentiment, violent crime in the U.S. is down across every important measure. Anything particularly horrible, however, is national news, so I understand why people don't feel that way.

I will defend your right to carry, regardless.

MyName1sMud
02-05-2013, 13:36
You do live in his day and age. You may not share his perspective, but we are all in this together... for better and for worse... and things ain't getter better. I am not saying I agree with his perspective entirely, but it should cross one's mind on how they should react to this very real situation. We can talk big. We can talk peace. Regardless of the world you think you live in, when there is a knife on your throat, it is real. If the motive is to start a fight, you deserve what is coming. If the motive is to avoid the fight, I don't see how that motive can be criticized. I am not sure many consider the possibility of being threatened in this manner. If it was seriously considered, who knows what a person would do to prepare? I think it is prudent to have some plan to defend yourself. I also don't think it is wise to let others know you are prepared via bragging. After all, is the point to defend or brag?
Yeah. Let me tell you what. I'm bragging my ass off. Look at me.... I'm so cool.

Also... guns aren't meant to be used to start a fight or avoid it. No.... They are used to END it. I like to think of myself as a protector. If I'm around.... I will do everything in my power to stop someone from hurting you. You're a fellow American and I choose to protect my own.

BirdBrain
02-05-2013, 13:39
As to the "this day and age" sentiment, violent crime in the U.S. is down across every important measure. Anything particularly horrible, however, is national news, so I understand why people don't feel that way.

I will defend your right to carry, regardless.

One last post on this: I agree that people need to be informed and prepare based on that information. I think that is the purpose of the OP. This thread should not be a debate about anything. Can't we all agree that the behavior described in the OP is troubling. Shouldn't this prompt a heightened sense of awareness and maybe even contingency plans if faced with this situation.

MDSection12
02-05-2013, 13:43
Unfortunately you do... I and pray you never experience something horrible happening and you're standing there and can't stop it cause you don't have a gun.

I mean for real.... you don't call the Fire Department, your Lawyer, your parents, your friends, your kids, when your life is in danger.... no you call the Police... people with GUNS. What are you going to do while the police are on their way? Huddle in the corner and hope you live long enough for them to get there?

Trust me, I do not live on the same planet as you. It's much nicer here. Take that as you will.

(I do have guns, by the way.)

yaduck9
02-05-2013, 13:45

fyi http://follwingourson.blogspot.com/

Ender
02-05-2013, 13:55
OK folks. I'll ask one more time... no gun politics. Please.

surfnturk
02-05-2013, 14:00
Question to all of you parents who encourage young women to go hiking alone on the AT, the argument being "oh, you'll be fine cause there's lots of people there". What if that guy held a knife to your daughters throat? Dont tell me your ok with that.
This is not about guns but reality vs fantasy land

Lone Wolf
02-05-2013, 14:03
fyi http://follwingourson.blogspot.com/

IF he makes it to damascus i'll BOLO for him

Sly
02-05-2013, 14:05

Apparently the victim ended his hike for the time being and went home after the altercation.

http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=399173

MDSection12
02-05-2013, 14:06
Question to all of you parents who encourage young women to go hiking alone on the AT, the argument being "oh, you'll be fine cause there's lots of people there". What if that guy held a knife to your daughters throat? Dont tell me your ok with that.
This is not about guns but reality vs fantasy land

Question to all of you parents who encourage young women to go to the mall, the argument being "oh you'll be fine cause there's lots of people there." What if that guy held a knife to your daughter's throat? Don't tell me you're OK with that.

See any difference? You think the AT is the only place this kind of thing happens? :rolleyes:

Slo-go'en
02-05-2013, 14:09
The Franklin PD let Brady (Mantis) Tinker an ex-con pothead "former" Meth dealer go after threatening David (with his own Machette held to his neck) and demanding he give over his remaining food and down jacket.

Threatened with his own machette? Thats a twist I hadn't expected...

surfnturk
02-05-2013, 14:12
Absolutely pitiful argument.I'm surprised you didnt play the car/traffic card.
So your basing a womans safety alone in the woods with what happens at the mall? Lol your kidding

Pedaling Fool
02-05-2013, 14:13
Why do so many people misunderstand/misuse the term yogi?

Rasty
02-05-2013, 14:14
Why do so many people misunderstand/misuse the term yogi?

Yogi is a soft con. Mugging is something else!

Sarcasm the elf
02-05-2013, 14:15
It's dangerous business Frodo, going out your door...

Sly
02-05-2013, 14:16
Hmmm... this guy is kind of a mess.

The mountain top and ridge were covered in fog by a standing cloud, and out of nowhere, a ray of sunshine broke free, illuminating me in about a 5 foot radius. My knees no longer ached, my shoulders felt no pain, and I felt invigorated. I consider this my ultimate realization of God himself, as I believe I truely saw him at that moment. I hike on to the shelter, no longer in pain, yet still at a crawl. About a mile down the trail, I broke down, leaning against my $3.50 wooden dowel I use as a hiking pole, and began to cry. Not in pain or sadness, but in absolute joy, realizing that this is absolutely what I want to do with my life; just hike.

That feeling didn't last long.

The mile approach to Albert Mountain, however, met me with torrential rain and gusts. I climbed that beast of a mountain, drenched from the incessant rain, and rivers flowed over the rocks. I looked forward to Big Spring Shelter, being only .6 mile after the summit, only to find a sign that said the shelter had been moved a "short distance" down the trail to preserve the natural wilderness due to overcamping. Whoever thought 1.8 miles was a short distance should be hung, especially in pouring rain. I began to shiver, and realized it would be only a matter of time before hypothermia would set in, so I kept moving, never stopping for a break. I finally saw the most beautiful sight yesterday, the sign that had "shelter" scrawled on it, and hawled for cover, dropping my pack and rushing for the privy

After arriving in town...

My flask is once again full, I have food to last to Fontana Dam, and enjoying some oreos that came in my carepackage. I am so looking forward to the next few days at least, having learned if I can get past Fontana Dam, I have already beat most who set out NOBO and quit before hand. I only hope more are called to the trail as I have and persevere, along with myself, to triumph over this monstruous trail. Best of luck everyone, and hike safe.

Malto
02-05-2013, 14:21
I just read through the trail journal and suspect this is not as straight-forward as the original post hear appears. Given the extreme reaction of the hiker to "indefinitely postpone" his hike, assume aliases etc..... This sounds like it likely could be an over reaction to a joke gone bad. Before everyone here gets out their pitch forks keep in mind that there are two sides of a story and the truth in between.

Rasty
02-05-2013, 14:24
I just read through the trail journal and suspect this is not as straight-forward as the original post hear appears. Given the extreme reaction of the hiker to "indefinitely postpone" his hike, assume aliases etc..... This sounds like it likely could be an over reaction to a joke gone bad. Before everyone here gets out their pitch forks keep in mind that there are two sides of a story and the truth in between.

Sometimes both parties are bat-**** crazy!

bfayer
02-05-2013, 14:24
As for the OP, there has to be more to the story if this individual was not arrested. I maybe wrong, but I have more faith in the local leos than others on here. I have no doubt if there was probable cause, an arrest would have been made.

I am not saying it did not happen, just that facts are missing.

MDSection12
02-05-2013, 14:33
Absolutely pitiful argument.I'm surprised you didnt play the car/traffic card.
So your basing a womans safety alone in the woods with what happens at the mall? Lol your kidding

A pitiful argument is taking one, second hand mind you, anecdote and applying it to the larger concept at hand. This is one story and we don't even have all the facts... I don't think this is the time to be making bold statements.

Alligator
02-05-2013, 14:51
We don't know all of the facts here folks, but it is not useful for current and/or immediate future hikers to have to wade through all the nonsense in order to get updated on this situation. So quit the bickering as has been requested already.

Almost There
02-05-2013, 15:24

I'm sure it would be similar to when the drunk kid mouthed off, shoved, and tried to fight Pirate a few years back at Mountain Crossing. Cops showed up, the kids started ranting to them, asked Pirate what happened, and then cuffed the kid and hauled his butt away.

Some people don't have any sense.

parser
02-05-2013, 15:56
Hey everybody this is my first post I have been lurking for a while now and am planning on a april 6th start for a NOBO.

I wanted to chime in about guns. I don't own a gun. I have fired a few different guns and been to a range twice I think we should be allowed to own guns but their should be reasonable law's in regards to ownership and carrying. NOW my main point is I see a lot of people talking/asking about carrying a gun on the trail, legality aside, you are an idiot if you CCW and tell people. I think the mods should make a post about not allowing firearm discussion on the forum. For those of you who have question about carrying on the trail ask your question on a gun forum, talk to LE, or a lawyer(about legality). This is not the place and you should not be telling people you will encounter on the trail that you will be carrying.
That is all have a nice day.

Also for those of you who are vehemently anti-gun realize that their are responsible gun owners and CCW holders out there this video is highly informative. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-NOwxg4rxE

RCBear
02-05-2013, 15:56
None of us truly know all the facts. Regardless, each of us would handle an incident like that in the way that is consistent with....how we would handle an incident like that.

Those that carry reserve the right to determine if their weapon would clear their concealed position based on the components of the situation, and those that don't...would have to hope that the guy decides to just go away.

I prefer to have options. Again, we are simply speculating as to the conditions based on one side of the story.

bfayer
02-05-2013, 16:03
I'm not trying to be rude but are you guys trying to get this thread locked?

Alligator
02-05-2013, 16:05
Hey everybody this is my first post I have been lurking for a while now and am planning on a april 6th start for a NOBO.

I wanted to chime in about guns. I don't own a gun. I have fired a few different guns and been to a range twice I think we should be allowed to own guns but their should be reasonable law's in regards to ownership and carrying. NOW my main point is I see a lot of people talking/asking about carrying a gun on the trail, legality aside, you are an idiot if you CCW and tell people. I think the mods should make a post about not allowing firearm discussion on the forum. For those of you who have question about carrying on the trail ask your question on a gun forum, talk to LE, or a lawyer(about legality). This is not the place and you should not be telling people you will encounter on the trail that you will be carrying.
That is all have a nice day.

Also for those of you who are vehemently anti-gun realize that their are responsible gun owners and CCW holders out there this video is highly informative. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-NOwxg4rxEThis thread is an awareness thread, not a firearm discussion, which is why posts were removed. It does not need to be hijacked into yet another gun debate, of which we have multiple examples throughout the forums. So for the last time, keep the thread on topic about any interactions with this individual. Thanks!

mtntopper
02-05-2013, 16:11

Putting a knife to someones throat is not a joke (gone bad)

MDSection12
02-05-2013, 16:46

Just playing devil's advocate here, but holding a machete loosely near someone's throat in a suggestive manner could certainly be joking. I'd be pissed if a friend did it to me, because of the danger if one of us fell or something, but it's not completely out ridiculous. That doesn't excuse the guy for doing it to a stranger, particularly one that by that point was probably letting on that he was uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say that it could never be done as a joke.

RCBear
02-05-2013, 17:09

Just playing devil's advocate here, but holding a machete loosely near someone's throat in a suggestive manner could certainly be joking. I'd be pissed if a friend did it to me, because of the danger if one of us fell or something, but it's not completely out ridiculous. That doesn't excuse the guy for doing it to a stranger, particularly one that by that point was probably letting on that he was uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say that it could never be done as a joke.

Uh... It's NEVER a joke.

JansportD2
02-05-2013, 18:06
Gerber or Gifted King explains in his guest book that he got off the trail primarily because of his grandfather's failing health. The alleged machete incident seems to have made his decision to stop that much easier.

It's up to Gerber whether he wants to take this further. If he feels strongly about it he should report it as an incident to the ATC.

It seems to me that this thread has served its purpose, and we're all just speculating now.

SawnieRobertson
02-05-2013, 18:27
Or maybe Franklin needs better law enforcers (enforcement).

moytoy
02-05-2013, 18:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO43p2Wqc08

Wise Old Owl
02-05-2013, 19:49
I am going to back Alligator here... If it is a he (hiker) said he said otherwise... please be aware there are people on the trail that are unstable... Police and other agencies need to make the decision. Not us.

Did someone have a picture ...

atmilkman
02-05-2013, 19:58
I am going to back Alligator here... If it is a he (hiker) said he said otherwise... please be aware there are people on the trail that are unstable... Police and other agencies need to make the decision. Not us.

Did someone have a picture ...
The link in post 28

mfleming
02-05-2013, 21:06
Scary situation

WingedMonkey
02-05-2013, 21:31
If you are foolish enough to have your own machete (or to even carry one on a supposed thru-hike) used on you while visiting someones room (someone who you crawled into their tent for warmth days earlier), you probably need to get off the trail.

You are either a very poor judge of character or you are a character yourself.

Drybones
02-05-2013, 21:35

If he pulls a knife from his pocket on some people he better have salt and pepper to go with it.

Malto
02-05-2013, 21:41
If you are foolish enough to have your own machete (or to even carry one on a supposed thru-hike) used on you while visiting someones room (someone who you crawled into their tent for warmth days earlier), you probably need to get off the trail.

You are either a very poor judge of character or you are a character yourself.

Or both......

bassbusterfiss
02-06-2013, 09:10
The reason i originally posted was because I Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware. Didn't want to start a gun debate. Wasn't trying to say he was guilty. Only wanted to make people heading north aware. If and when they meet him they can judge for themselves.
The Gerber or Gifted King did hike with him and started to trust him. Gerber was going home anyways because of family health issues. But When it happened he did not feel or take it as a joke.
Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware because sometimes people are new to hiking and think everyone is nice and start to trust people. They don't know if someone is hiking the trail to avoid the law or homeless. We all hope everyone out there is trust worthy, but in reality not everyone is.

Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware. That is what a site like this is for to inform others and help others.

Gray Blazer
02-06-2013, 09:44
These days if you get in a fight you'd better be prepared to kill the other guy cuz that's what he's trying to do to you if he gets the chance.

"Atlas"
02-06-2013, 10:01
It is not hard to imagine a situation where someone could get behind a hiker and hold a knife to their throat, or even in just a threatening manner. Seeing as edged weapons account for more fatalities around the world than guns, it is best to take any threat seriously. That being said. I have and continue too, encourage MY daughters and girlfriends to hike, even alone. Heck, this was a guy and it happened to him, gender is no deterrent to crime.

HikerMom58
02-06-2013, 10:02
The reason i originally posted was because I Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware. Didn't want to start a gun debate. Wasn't trying to say he was guilty. Only wanted to make people heading north aware. If and when they meet him they can judge for themselves.
The Gerber or Gifted King did hike with him and started to trust him. Gerber was going home anyways because of family health issues. But When it happened he did not feel or take it as a joke.
Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware because sometimes people are new to hiking and think everyone is nice and start to trust people. They don't know if someone is hiking the trail to avoid the law or homeless. We all hope everyone out there is trust worthy, but in reality not everyone is.

Just wanted my fellow hikers to be aware. That is what a site like this is for to inform others and help others.

That's all we want/need from you bassbusterfiss. Thank you SO MUCH for keeping everyone informed ,of things that you are aware of, that could become a problem for anyone out there. This is what a site like this is for...

Gray Blazer
02-06-2013, 10:02

This is a good post. I used to think everyone on WB was wonderful. Meeting in person can be disconcerting. Most are nice.

Coffee Rules!
02-06-2013, 10:05
Yeah bassbuster, don't let the arguing discourage you from posting good info. Good on you for providing the information to let people do with as they will.

Praha4
02-06-2013, 10:07
that guy may be more at home at the Rainbow Gathering in Ocala Nat Forest this month... the "A" camp is probably his kind of place

Wise Old Owl
02-06-2013, 21:10

So you are threatening to kill someone with a shotgun,,, Right after Ender tried to control the thread and say stop the gun politics..really shallow.

moytoy
02-06-2013, 21:18
So you are threatening to kill someone with a shotgun,,, Right after Ender tried to control the thread and say stop the gun politics..really shallow.
HUH? BOLO is "be on the look out"

Sarcasm the elf
02-06-2013, 21:19

I honestly thought he was saying that he would crush him the way Bolo did in Enter the dragon...

http://dfphotography.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/etd10.jpg

atmilkman
02-06-2013, 21:21
I thought a bolo was a throwing rope with weights on each end designed to trip or tangle.

hikerboy57
02-06-2013, 21:24
i thought it was a tie

bfayer
02-06-2013, 21:33
i thought it was a tie

Only west of the Mississippi.

Wise Old Owl
02-06-2013, 21:35
It has several meanings... he was being vague.

bfayer
02-06-2013, 21:45

I don't think so, just short and to the point. He will keep an eye out, that's all I took it for.

Wise Old Owl
02-06-2013, 21:46
good take... bfayer.

Bolo, a variant of the Mauser C96 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_C96) semi-automatic pistol

JAK
02-06-2013, 21:55
Well let's hope this Braying Mantis walk in the woods gets his head back on straight.

Terry7
02-07-2013, 08:01
Why would some one still have a machete when they reach Franklin. You would think that by then they would know how stupid it is to carry a machete. I am sure there is more to this story that we dont know. At this point in my life you would have to kill me to take anything from me, but if you asked me and had a real need I would give you what ever help I could.

Hikemor
02-07-2013, 09:13
So a meth head and a guy with a machete walk into a bar in Damascus. Tell me if you've heard this one before...

Gray Blazer
02-07-2013, 09:18
So a meth head and a guy with a machete walk into a bar in Damascus. Tell me if you've heard this one before...

I don't wanna say ...

pistol p
02-09-2013, 10:37
That guy was a beast, even in Bloodsport.

I honestly thought he was saying that he would crush him the way Bolo did in Enter the dragon...

http://dfphotography.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/etd10.jpg

rocketsocks
02-09-2013, 11:12
good take... bfayer.

Bolo, a variant of the Mauser C96 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_C96) semi-automatic pistolI think that model, C96 might be the same used in the movie "Joe Kidd" with Clint Eastwood, kinda like a hoped up version of the Cattleman's Rifle.

Coffee Rules!
02-09-2013, 11:16

I'm about the last SOB around here who'd defend Lone Wolf, but he typed it as BOLO, all caps. That's pretty well known to mean be on the lookout. On the other hand, your shotgun reference is pretty obscure.

takethisbread
02-09-2013, 11:29
A Bolo is a sweet Portuguese Muffin http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/00/72/53/725350.jpg

Coffee Rules!
02-09-2013, 11:31
sweet Portuguese Muffin

I used to call a girlfriend that. :p

Coffee Rules!
02-09-2013, 11:31
Wait...is a guy with the name takethisbread allowed to discuss muffins? Aren't they more like a cake?

Can we get a ruling on this from the referees?

jeffmeh
02-09-2013, 11:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Xx1-lg1OIoc#t=78s

rocketsocks
02-09-2013, 11:54
Wait...is a guy with the name takethisbread allowed to discuss muffins? Aren't they more like a cake?

Can we get a ruling on this from the referees?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jh6wnmRbvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jh6wnmRbvQ

Some people like cupcakes, while my self I care less for them...for there is nothing so exalted on the face of gods great earth, than that prince of foods...."The Muffin"

Ooops not the dialoged studio version, but a damn fine live cut!

Darwin13
02-09-2013, 12:26
Guns, the cause of and solution to, all of life's problems.

Coffee Rules!
02-09-2013, 12:28

I thought that was women...

**Ducks for cover**

Coffee Rules!
02-09-2013, 12:31
Socks, I'm beginning to think you could find a relevant musical reference even if someone made a comment about left-handed Jewish hamsters playing Monopoly in the Sistine Chapel.

Mountain Mike
02-09-2013, 12:35
I thought it was alcohol?

Train Wreck
02-09-2013, 12:36
Socks, I'm beginning to think you could find a relevant musical reference even if someone made a comment about left-handed Jewish hamsters playing Monopoly in the Sistine Chapel.

He's busy googling right now!

Coffee Rules!
02-09-2013, 12:50
He's busy googling right now!

The over/under on time to post is 15 minutes from now.

WingedMonkey
02-09-2013, 12:55

I've taken the time to read this boys Trailjournals. I don't see any place in his journey that states:

They don't know if someone is hiking the trail to avoid the law or homeless.

Sarcasm the elf
02-09-2013, 13:48

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson

OzJacko
02-09-2013, 20:36
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson
http://franksemails.com/pics/more-beer/ATT00075.jpg

Coosa
02-10-2013, 00:37

Wise words, young parser. I'm not sure there are any Reciprocal CCWs for the entire 13 States on the AT, although there are a few that cover the majority of them. IF you are carrying as Legally as possible, you should have the gun accessible and loaded. AND TELL NO ONE. The only time anyone would need to know is if you are the only person who could stop a murder. If you have to brag about 'packing a gun' you're not mature enough to be carrying a gun on the AT.

That is all I have to say on the subject, have a nice weekend.
Coosa

rocketsocks
02-10-2013, 01:05
Socks, I'm beginning to think you could find a relevant musical reference even if someone made a comment about left-handed Jewish hamsters playing Monopoly in the Sistine Chapel.Like the show "Ridiculousness"(and the turn in which this thread seems to have gone) I to like to "Bing" stuff, ya just never know what your gonna get....Her's your query
http://www.redsave.com/products/singing-wedding-hamster give the players and places...I did have to refine the search on this one( it was a toughy), and again as rediculas as this thread...but kinda cute...IMNSHO

Coffee Rules!
02-10-2013, 08:09
You get an A for effort, and a C on the overall result. :p

Sarcasm the elf
02-10-2013, 08:39

Believe it or not, I used to own that Tshirt.

rocketsocks
02-10-2013, 08:48
You get an A for effort, and a C on the overall result. :pThanks, it was week, sometimes you get the bear, and sometimes the mouse gets the last laugh....man gator got some cleaning to do on this thread...maybe I should "take out the trash" again..wait.....De ja vu morning all, later

T-Rx
02-10-2013, 09:55

I always thought Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms would make a great name for a chain of convenience stores!

Wise Old Owl
02-10-2013, 12:15
I find it interesting, while digging around on what is available, I was looking for a better picture. Although this photo was taken some 200 miles away and a year earlier, and the subject is thinner, he bears the same name....

Is this the same person? or do I have it wrong?

Lugnut
02-10-2013, 13:42
If you have to brag about 'packing a gun' you're not mature enough to be carrying a gun on the AT.

That is all I have to say on the subject, have a nice weekend.
Coosa

Well stated.

JAK
02-10-2013, 14:53
Careful, the "Mantis" guy could be armed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCM8eV3gTtE

Darwin13
02-10-2013, 17:21
Happy to see some Simpson fans on this site.

Tinker
02-10-2013, 17:31
I gotta agree ... seems he admitted he did the act, when he told the police he was "just kidding." The police should leave the judging up to the judge.

Maybe some self-defense training MIGHT work with a knife at your throat, but not a gun.

Rain Man

True dat!

We all have to sleep, and keeping one eye open isn't all that easy.

Folks like this Tinker :eek: guy have to hope that they don't run into someone like themselves (but "bad" guys seem to have a hard time realizing that there is probably someone "badder" than they are somewhere on the face of the earth). Often it proves to be an easy going "regular guy" that they push a little too hard (or an impromptu vigilante group :-?).

rocketsocks
02-10-2013, 17:59
True dat!

We all have to sleep, and keeping one eye open isn't all that easy.

Folks like this Tinker :eek: guy have to hope that they don't run into someone like themselves (but "bad" guys seem to have a hard time realizing that there is probably someone "badder" than they are somewhere on the face of the earth). Often it proves to be an easy going "regular guy" that they push a little too hard (or an impromptu vigilante group :-?).Yeah, I gotta wonder why the cops didn't grab this guy up, there has to be more to the story that we just don't know...And personally I don't care.

Slo-go'en
02-10-2013, 18:54
Yeah, I gotta wonder why the cops didn't grab this guy up, there has to be more to the story that we just don't know...And personally I don't care.

Apparently there was a witness and thier account of events must have been more belivable then gifted king's. Some good speculation about events on in his guest book, makes for interesting reading.

JAK
02-10-2013, 19:53
Do you need a licence to carry garden tools? Just askin'.

Sarcasm the elf
02-10-2013, 20:19
Do you need a licence to carry garden tools? Just askin'.

In Massachusetts yes...

Assuming you mean machetes, lots of states have problems with folks carrying pseudo swords around.

hikerboy57
02-10-2013, 20:21
In Massachusetts yes...i understand there are laws prohibiting hoes

BirdBrain
02-10-2013, 20:22
i understand there are laws prohibiting hoes

Are you sure you are not getting that mixed up with Zumba studios in Maine.

Gray Blazer
02-10-2013, 22:52
Yeah, I gotta wonder why the cops didn't grab this guy up, there has to be more to the story that we just don't know...And personally I don't care.

He could have had witnesses that collaborated his story. Doesn't necessarily mean he was telling the truth.

rocketsocks
02-11-2013, 00:23
He could have had witnesses that collaborated his story. Doesn't necessarily mean he was telling the truth.Yeah I hear what your sayin, It's just that LEO's have a way of getting to the heart of a matter, and I doubt they'd give up a bad guy on a say so...somethin just don't smell right...but again.......

Rasty
02-11-2013, 00:56
He could have had witnesses that collaborated his story. Doesn't necessarily mean he was telling the truth.Yeah I hear what your sayin, It's just that LEO's have a way of getting to the heart of a matter, and I doubt they'd give up a bad guy on a say so...somethin just don't smell right...but again.......

It comes down to being able to prove it for the LEO's.

rocketsocks
02-11-2013, 01:38
It comes down to being able to prove it for the LEO's.That is true......"Bounce kid, and stay out of trouble", at least I hear that's the term used these day's....I remember it as "Beat it"

bassbusterfiss
02-14-2013, 13:28
I've taken the time to read this boys Trailjournals. I don't see any place in his journey that states:
I dont see anywhere that it states this in his journal either. That is why the statement I made is in another paragraph because I was stating this for awareness only.

WingedMonkey
02-14-2013, 18:06
I dont see anywhere that it states this in his journal either. That is why the statement I made is in another paragraph because I was stating this for awareness only.

OK, I thought we had another evil homeless person hiking the AT and scaring people.

Tinker
02-14-2013, 19:26

Tempted.............

Tempted..............

Ok, I'm over it..................

It's hard to be so good. :p

Wise Old Owl
02-14-2013, 19:51
Passin moment.. Tinker made the right choice folks..... its all good! NOTHING TO SEE...... LETS LOOK AT Something complexly different! A dead parrot.

atmilkman
02-14-2013, 20:02

Tempted.............

Tempted..............

Ok, I'm over it..................

It's hard to be so good. :p

Do you mean True Temper?
http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/spin_prod_ec_722454301?hei=315&wid=315&op_sharpen=1&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

starbright
02-15-2013, 02:06
I don't know if it was the same guy from fb or not but that one is Robert Runner. They set up pictures of him so I made sure my kids would recognize him just in case.

ChuckBrown
02-18-2013, 06:48
uhh..ahh..