PDA

View Full Version : 13 year old daughter shopping

JAK
02-08-2013, 15:09
Other than L.L.Bean, where are some good places to take my 13 year old daughter shopping for hiking and paddling clothing. We will be driving down the I-95 then across to the I-81 on our way to GSMNP in March. She has everything, just might want to let her shop a little, but hopefully keep her mind on the great outdoors. I would like to see her in a hiking skirt or those tweed trousers ladies used to wear hiking, but its not really up to me is it.

Karma13
02-08-2013, 15:15
REI usually has a good selection of clothes (at least, the one around here does).

In a completely unrelated question, do you happen to be a native West Coaster? I usually only hear the 'the' before route numbers from people out west!

wookinpanub
02-08-2013, 15:21
Try REI. My daughters love it. There are several to choose from on your way.
In Gatlinburg, TN, the Nantahala Outdoor Center has an outpost that is pretty cool, too.

Other than L.L.Bean, where are some good places to take my 13 year old daughter shopping for hiking and paddling clothing. We will be driving down the I-95 then across to the I-81 on our way to GSMNP in March. She has everything, just might want to let her shop a little, but hopefully keep her mind on the great outdoors. I would like to see her in a hiking skirt or those tweed trousers ladies used to wear hiking, but its not really up to me is it.

Rasty
02-08-2013, 15:21
Campmor in Paramus NJ on Route 17. I have two daughters and this is where we bought hiking clothing for them.

rocketsocks
02-08-2013, 15:28
Campmor in Paramus NJ on Route 17. I have two daughters and this is where we bought hiking clothing for them.and Ramsey's out doors is just down the steet from cacampmor have a Greg trip jak

JAK
02-08-2013, 15:35
Thanks. I should mention she is 5'9" and still under 85 pounds whatever size that is. She is very small, but thinks big.

Liminal
02-08-2013, 16:10
:-) I first read that you were shopping to find a 13 year old daughter... I was going to suggest starting with a different age (I remember when mine were 13)... ;) REI is a nice place with nice people!!!

JAK
02-08-2013, 16:16
Oops. Already got one. Thanks. I think she will like REI. I would like Campmor, or Mardens, but again not about me.