02-14-2013, 15:25
http://pagesfromthetrail.blogspot.com/2013/02/darn-tough-socks.html

- Pages

Northern Lights
02-14-2013, 15:33
I'm still waiting for the ones I ordered a few weeks ago. Maybe this week :D

max patch
02-14-2013, 15:38
The blog says if you wear them out they replace them free. Is this true? If so, the $20 ish I've usually seem them priced at seems very affordable.

Dogwood
02-14-2013, 15:50
Here's my long awaited review of Darn Tough socks - darn tough socks!

VTATHiker
02-14-2013, 15:50
If you wear them out, they will replace them - you just have to send them back. I sent a pair back from Harpers Ferry after I called them to get their address. There was a hole worn in each sock. I felt really bad because I didn't have time to wash them... this fella's blog says they don't ever stink - highly, highly disagree. Anything stinks if it wear it long enough. Those things WREAKED. It took a good 3 to 4 weeks to get the replacement pair, but they arrived. Long live Darn Tough!

on_the_GOEZ
02-14-2013, 16:58
+1 anything Darn Tough

FarmerChef
02-14-2013, 17:09
Here. Here. I love mine. Once, while hiking in NJ/NY I found one that had clearly fallen off of someone's pack. Knowing how valuable they were, I hitched it to the back of my pack and hiked it another 40 miles or so asking I went along if it was someone's. I finally left it at a shelter and then later found out (here on Whiteblaze) whose sock it was. Hopefully they managed to get it back.

Pages
02-14-2013, 17:48
Anything stinks if it wear it long enough.

true enough. they just seem to have LESS of a stink factor i guess i should say.

Tinker
02-14-2013, 19:29
true enough. they just seem to have LESS of a stink factor i guess i should say.

One of the wonderful charicteristics of good 'ol wool - naturally antibacterial.

10-K
02-14-2013, 19:32
I got my "great deal on Darn Tough socks" 2 weeks ago.....

Deacon
02-14-2013, 19:44
They are indeed great socks. Shouldn't there be a hall-of-fame for them someplace?

Terry7
02-14-2013, 19:54
Darn tuff is darn tuff. :)

Odd Man Out
02-14-2013, 20:38
Here was that deal. I'm wearing mine now. Day 7 in a row, now smell at all.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?91816-Good-Deal-on-Darn-Tough-Socks&highlight=

Northern Lights
02-14-2013, 20:47
I got my socks today!!!!:banana

hauptman
02-14-2013, 21:18
I have Darn Tough socks and toe socks by Injinji. I like the toes of the Injinji, but the durability is crap. I wish that Darn Tough made a seamless toe sock, talk about perfection.

T.S.Kobzol
02-14-2013, 21:24
I have been wearing them pretty much every weekend for at least a year. They are still going strong. My best hiking socks 'evar'

MuddyWaters
02-14-2013, 21:35
One of the wonderful charicteristics of good 'ol wool - naturally antibacterial.

Yep, but there is a limit.

I found a pair of my merino wool socks in the gear closet today, still unwashed and wadded up in mesh pocket on outside of pack.
They were worn for about 7 days straight back in summer.
To say they were smelly, would be an understatement.

Odd Man Out
02-14-2013, 22:44
Yep, but there is a limit.

I found a pair of my merino wool socks in the gear closet today, still unwashed and wadded up in mesh pocket on outside of pack.
They were worn for about 7 days straight back in summer.
To say they were smelly, would be an understatement.

When I was in grad school I was growing 15 L fermentors of bacterial cultures. One night my fermentor got contaminated with whatever bacteria it is that makes gym socks stink. I could tell when I walked in the front door of the building I was in trouble, and our lab was on the third floor. Needless to say I was not too popular that day.

CenAZwalker
02-15-2013, 11:06
Great socks, one of the few brands I have found that aren't too tight around my leg. I can wear these multiple days with little to no stink.

FarmerChef
02-15-2013, 11:44
When I was in grad school I was growing 15 L fermentors of bacterial cultures. One night my fermentor got contaminated with whatever bacteria it is that makes gym socks stink. I could tell when I walked in the front door of the building I was in trouble, and our lab was on the third floor. Needless to say I was not too popular that day.

LOVE IT! Reminds me of homeroom in high school one morning. Mine was in the chemistry lab and we were allowed to come in early if we wanted to work on our AP chem labs. Well, one guy was in the back working on esters. He forgot to turn on the hood while he was working and the room quickly smelled like someone puked. Needless to say, homeroom was very short that morning.

I can also testify to the stinklessness of the DTs. Just plain fabulous footwear.

fredmugs
02-15-2013, 15:14
Here was that deal. I'm wearing mine now. Day 7 in a row, now smell at all.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?91816-Good-Deal-on-Darn-Tough-Socks&highlight=

Thanks for the link. I just ordered two pairs and the discount code still worked.

rocketsocks
02-15-2013, 15:25
Well do they have any with rockets on them? I just can't budge on this!

snowblind
02-15-2013, 17:59
Sent my pair of Darn Tuff in after they developed a hole. Got a new pair in the mail a few weeks later. Very happy with them!

Chair-man
02-15-2013, 18:00
Darn Tough Socks aren't so tough against ticks like these socks are -> http://www.exofficio.com/products/details/bugsaway-purdom-vented-hiker-sock

JAK
02-16-2013, 11:58
darn tough

JAK
02-16-2013, 12:00
oops, I meant to google that last post. lol

could have been a lot worse

Rain Man
02-16-2013, 12:02
Darn Tough Socks aren't so tough against ticks like these socks are -> http://www.exofficio.com/products/details/bugsaway-purdom-vented-hiker-sock

OUCH... here's the only posted review: "I love your boxers and was so excited to find out you made sock as well. What a disappointment! They piled on the first wearing, slide down to my ankles and are not “wring and dry” like the boxers…which, as a road warrior, I was really looking for. These socks are not worth $22.00 a pair by any stretch. I bought 4 pairs and really wish I had my $100.00+ back."

OTOH, you don't treat all your socks with Permethrin?! I do!!!

Rain Man

slow mind
02-16-2013, 12:09
I hope there is a special place in hell reserved for those that send back dirty socks.

Chair-man
02-18-2013, 00:25
OUCH... here's the only posted review: "I love your boxers and was so excited to find out you made sock as well. What a disappointment! They piled on the first wearing, slide down to my ankles and are not “wring and dry” like the boxers…which, as a road warrior, I was really looking for. These socks are not worth $22.00 a pair by any stretch. I bought 4 pairs and really wish I had my $100.00+ back."

OTOH, you don't treat all your socks with Permethrin?! I do!!!

Rain Man

I actually own a pair of the ExOfficio insect shield socks so here's a 2nd review. I haven't experienced any of the problems listed above. Don't wring and dry like boxers? Well duh, not made of the same material as their boxers. Only worn them several times so I can't speak to how well they wear but I haven't had any chigger bites.

VTATHiker
03-03-2013, 19:26
I hope there is a special place in hell reserved for those that send back dirty socks.

Oh I'm sure there is, and that I'm screwed. Can I use the excuse that I was thru-hiking, hadn't done laundry in weeks and needed to leave town within the hour? Probably not good enough. Either way, sinners are much more fun...

Doc
03-03-2013, 19:34
I bought my first pair in Delaware Water Gap. Now I wear them every day year round. I throw them in the wash and drier with no special care. They seem to be perfect. Sockaddict has great prices. Why can't other products be this nice?

MuddyWaters
03-03-2013, 21:14
I got my feet ate up by chiggers once hiking in mesh runners with thin wool mesh socks.
Ever since, always treat shoes and socks with permethrin.
No more problems.

wearing darn tough ankle mesh running/cycling socks right now 1.75 oz
about the same as my DeFeet wooleaters, cuff on the darn tough is a bit taller, but a good sock.

(I only use thin socks with no padding, its simply not needed if footwear fits, and it holds moisture.)