PDA

View Full Version : A Painful Experience

ridgewalker777
06-11-2005, 14:30
Mr. Natural was out for an extended hike and did not carry toilet paper "on principle" that there are plenty of green substitutes. Upon coming to the usual latrine that does not carry tp, he looked around for a usable substitute which would suffice. He grabbed a group of leaves from a nearby fern and did his business in a hurry. Unfortunately, it precipitated an unpleasant rash, which smarted for days...Moral of the story: with fronds like these, who needs enemas...

stupe
06-12-2005, 11:02
Toilet paper is like money......when you need it, you need it really bad.

PKH
06-12-2005, 14:52
It could have been worse. My uncle, a hunter and woodsman all his life, contrived to wipe his behind with poison ivy while working as a lumberjack in the province of Ontario many years ago. This noxious weed while not unknown, is quite rare in his home territory of Nova Scotia, so it was a nasty surprise to poor Alvin. The story is that the camp nurse found this absolutely hilarious. So much for compassion and sensitivity from the fairer sex.

Cheers,

PKH

neo
06-12-2005, 15:25
i have a phobia of running out of toilet paper on the trail:cool: neo

Lobo
06-12-2005, 16:22
Have you ever run into those folks who "couldn't spare a square"?

TakeABreak
06-12-2005, 16:25
I never go hiking without it, not even on day hikes. When on the trail and someone else runs out, I do not give them more than I can afford to (it is something they should have checked before leaving town). I never give it to anyone who refuses to carry it or prides themselves on be an ultra-ultra-light hiker.

If it is too heavy for them to carry, then it is much too heavy for me to reach into my pack and pull it out for them use, I would hate to strain a muscle. I help those truely in need, but will not be taken advantage of.

Skeemer
06-12-2005, 17:50
You guys are full of *****.

Catsgoing
06-12-2005, 21:39
LOL I can't stop laughing Neo.................. Do you still keep a roll in the jeep.............

Where is your picture and the tree sorry I can't stop laughing.... And I have never gone in the woods..........

Take Care............................. (((((((((((Lori)))))))))))