PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help

TSWisla
02-15-2013, 23:37
I would like to park my car somewhere in NC, near the GA border, catch a ride to Springer Mtn and hike back to my car and go home. Can anyone suggest a place to park? I looked at http://appalachiantrail.rohland.org/ but I am having a very difficult time understanding where these parking lots are. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

shades of blue
02-16-2013, 00:01
Deep Gap, NC is the first road connection going NOBO into NC. Ron Haven in Franklin, NC for a price might let you park your car at one of his establishments. He might can arrange for a shuttle to Springer. You also may want to consider if you are going to FS 42 near Springer, or if you're going to do the approach trail. When do you plan to go on your hike?

TSWisla
02-16-2013, 00:15
Thank you for the reply, I plan on going the first week of April. I plan on doing the approach trail as well (why not?!). Do you think that this would make a difference as far as the Shuttle goes? How far off the trail would I have to walk to one of Mr Haven's businesses? Thank you.