PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Trail Days from around Roanoke

Prime Time
02-16-2013, 21:59
I plan on meeting up with my wife in Damascus for trail days. I will probably be somewhere around Roanoke and she will be driving from Greensboro with some friends. Is it a relatively easy hitch from Roanoke on Interstate 81 or should I go a different route? Also, is meeting up with your spouse during Trail Days a good idea in the first place? We're 60 years young and enjoy a party atmosphere, but just how crazy does it get? Is it Mardi Gras crazy or just good fun?

yellowsirocco
02-16-2013, 22:34
Roanoke is only a couple hours from Damascus. Why not have her pick you up?

Prime Time
02-16-2013, 22:39
I think it's a long way from Greensboro to Roanoke, to Damascus. I could ask my wife and friends to do that but I was trying not to be such a PITA.

aficion
02-16-2013, 22:39

Yeah just have her come up 220 and get ya. Straight down 81 from there. Don't know about the other question. I don't voluntarily do crowds much.

Lone Wolf
02-16-2013, 23:43
I think it's a long way from Greensboro to Roanoke, to Damascus. I could ask my wife and friends to do that but I was trying not to be such a PITA.

greensboro to roanoke is 2 hours

HikerMom58
02-16-2013, 23:50
Prime Time- If I were going to be home, I would take you to Damascus and back for trail days. :( I'll be gone hiking, myself. As far as the party at Trails Days goes.... I don't party at all & I love going down there. There's so much to see and do. :)

mtntopper
02-17-2013, 07:27
It is illegal to hitch on I81

Prime Time
02-17-2013, 12:07
Prime Time- If I were going to be home, I would take you to Damascus and back for trail days. :( I'll be gone hiking, myself. As far as the party at Trails Days goes.... I don't party at all & I love going down there. There's so much to see and do. :)
Thanks HikerMom. I'll just ask my wife and friends if they don't mind making the trip. I'll buy dinner! It also sounds as though Trail Days will be a good time. I rented a house for the 3 days about a half mile from the center of town. That should be close enough to take in as much as we want without being too far away.