PDA

View Full Version : Bonnaroo !

evan_rolltide
02-21-2013, 02:33
With the great lineup that was just released I can't be the only one planning on trying to hitch a ride back to Tennessee for Bonnaroo? Anyone else? I'm heading NOBO early March.

Flachenmann
02-21-2013, 04:31
It's a veritable folksplosion this year! It's gonna be awesome! This'll be my 4th year at the Roo' and i have to say this is the best lineup they've had in those years.

I'm leaving for my SOBO thru 3 days after the festival's end, but I'll be there. I'll be heading up there from the south but I can't imagine not being able to find some like minded NOBOers looking to make a side trip.

evan_rolltide
02-21-2013, 11:21
I've never been-- It was between Hangout and Roo for me. The Hangout is near my house but their lineup is not as great and it would be a much longer side trip... I'm not planning out much at all with my through hike.... I may be on the side of the road with a cardboard sign looking for a ride!

Magic_Rat
02-21-2013, 15:30
I thought about it, but I'm not sure i want to deal with the logistics. I'm leaving Amicalola March 11.

evan_rolltide
02-21-2013, 17:43
I think I'm gonna be leaving a couple days ahead of you Magic Rat. Yeah It may not be easy to find a ride....

mikep
02-22-2013, 11:21
I would be into that Iam leaving march 5 sounds like a worthwhile side trip to me

Mr. Bumpy
02-22-2013, 17:08
The French Broad River Fest in Hot Springs ain't Bonaroo but it is right there and the timing is right for later starters, (May 3-5) http://www.frenchbroadriverfestival.com/

LEAF is in Black Mountain near Asheville is even better (May 9-12) www.theleaf.com (http://www.theleaf.com)

You could hit Hot Spring, hike to Sams Gap, then get a hitch or Shuttle to LEAF.

gussets
02-23-2013, 12:14
I am somehow going to make this happen! I had Coachella tickets, but that certainly won't happen on a through-hike (and I prefer Bonnaroo's lineup anyway). I start my hike March 25, hopefully it'll all work itself out when the time comes :)

evan_rolltide
02-23-2013, 13:44
Ticket purchased! Worst case scenario I'll get a bus ticket.

Hatteras Jack
02-27-2013, 20:30
I fully support this side trip. The roo and the AT have a lot in common. Those are the two places I've been where I could always expect a friendly smile and good conversation. That being said however, last year's lineup kick's this one's a$$! RHCP? Bon Iver? Radiohead???

Take this with a grain of salt because last year was my first time at Bonnaroo so that may have something to do with my good memories.

gussets
02-28-2013, 22:31
I bought a ticket too! This summer cannot start soon enough, geez...

WingedMonkey
03-01-2013, 11:40
Heard on the news this AM that Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers were gonna be there.

:p

daniella
03-15-2013, 05:05
Ah 'Roo! This is my 6th year going. Growing up in north GA, it is one of my favorite times to head back into town. Great festival, no matter who's playing. Then two days later I head for Maine! Can't wait! I'm just 2 hours north of Atlanta and I'll have room in my Subie if anyone needs a ride!

odaugherty
03-15-2013, 15:57
Hello! I am also beginning on march 25 and looking to make my way to bonnaroo. Sounds like we have too much in common already. reply or private message me if your interested in meeting up.

Tree Nerd
05-09-2013, 10:29
You going to Bonnaroo this year?

I decided yesterday that I would like to go this year and I'm on the search for a ticket!

Hope to see you all there! Ill be the guy glowing UK blue in an el-wire jumpsuit at night haha.

Tree Nerd
05-09-2013, 15:33
With the great lineup that was just released I can't be the only one planning on trying to hitch a ride back to Tennessee for Bonnaroo?

IMO the lineup doesn't look that good this year, I just want to go for the experience! I went to hangout two years ago and it was a **** show (in a good way), I think the roo will top it.

I leave for home 4 days after the roo, then start my sobo on the 27th!