PDA

View Full Version : Crotch Roch, Athelete's Foot, Yeast Infection? Good solution...

Wise Old Owl
02-22-2013, 12:22
Yeast infection can happen anywhere to anybody. I have seen multiple people carry Tinactin and other products and I have tried it too. Recently I came across Lamisil and clearly this product heals a lot faster, and in fewer applications. The other alternative is pure Iodine (surgical quality)but that is harder to work with and stains everything.

So if you are suffering and get into a situation where nothing seems to work... most likely its yeast. Lamisil has many benefits.

slow mind
02-22-2013, 12:34
Holy moly is this what you think about in your spare time?:-? Seriously though I used it for Versicolor, which thre physicians claimed there is no cure for, and it was gone in three days. That was ten years ago and it has never recurred. Powerful stuff.

slow mind
02-22-2013, 12:37
Is a crotch "roch" the same as a cock "roach"? I hope not.

BFI
02-22-2013, 17:23
Is a crotch "roch" the same as a cock "roach"? I hope not. YES! they live in your underware and I have been told they are the "Hissing" variety, and its a cousin to the crotch Weevil. Nasty little buggers :(

JAK
02-22-2013, 17:43
Don't wash your socks with your underwear.

jimmyjam
02-22-2013, 17:45
YES! they live in your underware and I have been told they are the "Hissing" variety, and its a cousin to the crotch Weevil. Nasty little buggers :(

Those must be cousins to crotch cricketts.

RedBeerd
02-22-2013, 19:20
Lotrimin Ultra has been my goto. Way better than tinactin

pelenaka
02-23-2013, 02:27
Plain yogurt (live culture) works great. Paint the affected area & let dry. For ladies utilize the french technique.

rocketsocks
02-23-2013, 04:07
Plain yogurt (live culture) works great. Paint the affected area & let dry. For ladies utilize the french technique.
Are you kidding me, I thought you just ate the stuff, never any mention of finger painting have I heard...hmmmm, when in Rome

moytoy
02-23-2013, 06:39
I carry a tube of walgreens generic lamisil in my drug kit. WOO is right the stuff works. Something else that works is baking soda. If I'm sweating and not taking baths I rinse my sweaty areas at night with a little water and baking soda to ward of the hiker funk.

Hairbear
02-23-2013, 12:14
YES! they live in your underware and I have been told they are the "Hissing" variety, and its a cousin to the crotch Weevil. Nasty little buggers :(

Anything hisses in my underwear,Im getting a spork,lighting a brush fire, and stabbin what ever crawls out.

pelenaka
02-23-2013, 15:42
Are you kidding me, I thought you just ate the stuff, never any mention of finger painting have I heard...hmmmm, when in Rome

No joke, just thought I'd put it out there in case that's all a hiker might find when they hit town. It has to be live culture yogurt. Sunlight also helps but that might fall under right time right place opportunity. Baking soda as moytoy wrote is a great alternative.

FatHead64
02-23-2013, 17:38
Anything hisses in my underwear,Im getting a spork,lighting a brush fire, and stabbin what ever crawls out.

Now I went and peed my pants...:eek:

Wise Old Owl
02-24-2013, 01:04
Lotrimin Ultra has been my goto. Way better than tinactin

I almost mis-read that .... Lotrimin Ultra has been my ghetto..... :eek: well I just put on my glasses (recent requirement).... I apologize for this... I wasn't thinkin.

Wise Old Owl
02-24-2013, 01:10

Wait how does raw yogurt ( Sour milk with bacteria ) cure yeast? Inquiring minds.... going on?

rocketsocks
02-24-2013, 01:12
No joke, just thought I'd put it out there in case that's all a hiker might find when they hit town. It has to be live culture yogurt. Sunlight also helps but that might fall under right time right place opportunity. Baking soda as moytoy wrote is a great alternative.Nothing like a good ol' home remedy....perfect!

RJ Lewis
02-24-2013, 03:22
I have tears rollin down my face, I'm laughing so hard.

Mountain Maiden
02-24-2013, 10:15
Tea Tree Oil is easy to carry and very helpful and has lots of applications, incl yeast infections of any kind. Good for athlete's foot, cuts, etc.

Wise Old Owl
02-24-2013, 10:26
MM Tea Tree oil's is turning out to be a internet myth of holistic variety... do you have something to back it up?

hobby
02-24-2013, 10:42
Wait how does raw yogurt ( Sour milk with bacteria ) cure yeast? Inquiring minds.... going on?

https://www.msu.edu/user/eisthen/yeast//diy.html

but I would try lamisil topically first!

Wise Old Owl
02-25-2013, 19:13
Hobby that was... well somewhere between elightening and TMI....(copied from MSU.EDU)

YOGURT is the #1 choice of do-it-yourselfers everywhere, and is so common that even some professional medical types recommend it. Yogurt contains Lactobacillus acidophilus, a bacterium that also happens to be found in healthy vaginas. Acidophilus kills yeast by producing hydrogen peroxide. Most wimmin using yogurt to treat a yeast infection simply apply it directly to the vulva and gently inject some into the vagina by any means necessary. But how to get in there? Here's a method suggested by one reader: put the yogurt in plastic tampon applicators and freeze them, and then you've got little yogurt-sicles to use next time you get a yeast infection. She says "It is really cold, of course, inserting the tampon, but I find it actually soothing compared to the fires of a damn yeast infection." I love it! an

Traveling teacher
02-26-2013, 00:07
If you grease the monkey before then crotch rot will not appear after.

pelenaka
02-26-2013, 00:35
Hobby that was... well somewhere between elightening and TMI....(copied from MSU.EDU)

I much prefer my euphemistic "french technique" vs the "I've never get this thought outta my head" tampon-sicle.

As to Tea Tree Oil, I'll let you know about topical yeast infections. I find that it does work well for athletes foot & cuts. You do need a bullet to bite on when applied to an open wound though.
Warning don't use in a neti pot. It's one of those cures that kills (not really but you'll wish for a swift death).

Mountain Maiden
02-26-2013, 19:48
MM Tea Tree oil's is turning out to be a internet myth of holistic variety... do you have something to back it up?

I don't know what the internet is saying. And, I am not into the mlm hype--but have used it with great success, personally. After gardening, had a nail condition that nothing seemed to cure. AFter several months and relapses, used TTO topically everyday for 5 days. Never had a problem since.

Wise Old Owl
02-26-2013, 19:54
Hmm and yah wonder why there are yeast infections.... Let's blame a mosquito....