PDA

View Full Version : Bears hit where it hurts

Lugnut
06-15-2005, 09:10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear Guzzles Campers' Beer, Eats Food Tue Jun 14, 3:57 PM ET

DUNBAR, W.Va. - Larry Gaynor and his brother had to cut their latest fishing trip short after a black bear ate their food and guzzled their beer. Gaynor, 67, and his brother, Billy Bob Gaynor, 53, were camping at Summit Lake near Richwood on Friday when the bear wandered into their campsite at about 9 p.m

Hearing a noise, they looked outside their tent and saw the bear with its mouth clamped on their cooler. Larry Gaynor said the bear dragged the cooler 30 yards into the woods and flung it against a tree, scattering a case of Coors Light.

"He only drank three cans," Larry he said. "He would've drank all of them if it would've been Budweiser."

Billy Bob Gaynor said the bear ate all of their food so they returned to Dunbar the next day.

Lanthar Mandragoran
06-15-2005, 09:18
...scattering a case of Coors Light.

"He only drank three cans," Larry he said. "He would've drank all of them if it would've been Budweiser."
:-? ??? Wow... I'm not going to comment on that quote...

HikerHobo
06-15-2005, 10:05
One more bear has been taught
to raid a hiker's camp.

Mike
06-15-2005, 11:40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He must have been able to tell what beer the bear preferred to drink because the bear was dyed red and had a big "8" shaved into his back.

Newb
06-15-2005, 15:16
I hope they checked that bears I.D. before they served him.

Stoker53
06-15-2005, 17:35
I hope they checked that bears I.D. before they served him.

How many bear years equal 21 human years. 7 for a dog. I have no idea about bears. :bse

Bolivershagnasty
06-15-2005, 17:45
With a bear you don't check "years" you check "is he bigger than I am?"

TOW
06-15-2005, 19:20
well i bet that bear felt good afterwards and went to sleep it off....

Scribe
06-15-2005, 19:22
"Billy Bob"...?

Heater
06-15-2005, 20:26
to raid a hiker's camp.
When I saw the newsclip of that Mama bear and her to cubs raiding that BBQ cookout in... Va. I think... I thought the same thing. Mama was teachig her cubs the art of "easy gathering" at an early age! They looked like the were having a lot of fun.
(the bears, that is) :banana

Ender
06-16-2005, 12:02
to raid a hiker's camp.

Not if he had a hangover the next day. ;)

copythat
06-16-2005, 19:46
i bet the bear threw the cooler because he didn't smell any beer nuts.