PDA

View Full Version : Bushcooker Lt Test in a Two Weeks Long Hiking:

Kookork
02-25-2013, 23:04
Where I normally go hiking there is no town to purchase Alcohol as fuel( and spirirt !!!). It is a true wilderness which you need to carry everything you need from the beginning.

Last time I borrowed a Bushcooker LT I ( 2.3 Ounces) from one of my friends and carried just 4 oz of alcohol. I was able to cook and boil water quite easily and I was really impressed by the performance of this little stove. Just fill it with a few AAA and AA battery size twigs and spray about 4 cc alcohol or less over the twigs ( by a 4 CC syringe, weight 3 grams=0.1 ounce) and you can boil 2 cups of water in about 7 minutes ( and about 5 minutes of simmering if you wish).

In this way , I extended the use of my alcohol for two weeks ( cooking or boiling twice a day). The stove Being less than 3 oz , saved me a lot of weight for carrying alcohol as fuel. In the best case scenario I needed around 600 cc ( around 21 oz) alcohol to do the same amount of cooking . So it was a practically positive experience for me.

I know that many thru hikers say that using a hybrid( wood/alcohol) stove has not been practical and many have switched back to alcohol stove after a disappointing experience by some of this new wood /alcohol stoves but my experience was quite pleasant. Finding dry twigs even during the rain was possible and practical to my surprise.

I am going to buy the Bushcooker LT I for my future hiking without a doubt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhIy7xzjaPw

fredmugs
02-26-2013, 07:33
Cool story bro.