PDA

View Full Version : Bramble scammed by pyramid schemers

norub
06-16-2005, 12:35
Anyone who was at Trail Days last month knows who Bramble is.

I've been reading his Trail journal, at http://www.trailjournals.com/gbookv.cfm?trailname=3119

Looks like he's fallen victim to some slick, high-pressure pyramid schemers. They have convinced him to wear/promote/sell some ridiculous adhesive patches that they've convinced him will give him an "energy boost".

Bramble's got a big heart but is obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer for being gullible enough to fall for this. Either that or these MLM people are REALLY high-pressure/very convincing.

Anyone here who knows Bramble and/or cares about him, please write to him and implore him to get rid of the scammers before they ruin his reputation. I personally believe that Bramble's heart is in the right place and he is sincere in his desire to walk in memory of his aunt and to help others selflessly. These shysters are jeopardizing it all by taking advantage of his naiveté.

Lone Wolf
06-16-2005, 15:23
Live and learn.

max patch
06-16-2005, 16:05
Looks like he's fallen victim to some slick, high-pressure pyramid schemers. They have convinced him to wear/promote/sell some ridiculous adhesive patches that they've convinced him will give him an "energy boost".

$90 for a months supply of patches. Or get a 10 months supply for "only" $800.

What a crock.

Dances with Mice
06-16-2005, 20:01
How can you possibly be skeptical of a product with this description?

"...complex orthomolecular organic structures that are capable of either thermomagnetic levorotatory action due to the atom proton energy associated with thermomagnetic fields or thermomagnetic dextrorotatory action due to the atom proton energy associated with thermomagnetic fields."

What a crock.Yeah. I've heard better science on Start Trek.

Bolivershagnasty
06-16-2005, 21:15
Hey dances with mice, are you silly? Ha ha, you know I would buy a product like that wouldn't you? How could you even suggest otherwise...lol..You know Lone Wolf is right "live and learn" and my fav saying,,"there aint no nice word for stupid"..But if he's a friend of yours by all means tell him to wake up.

fiddlehead
06-16-2005, 22:22
it's hard to imagine Bramble with any more energy than he already has. Would that make him able to carry 5 bundles of shingles up a ladder?

Toolshed
06-17-2005, 11:19
If it makes him feel good, who cares. If he needs to experience it for himself fine. There are plenty of other worries, mate - like the 70 year old woman sending $140K to a voice on the phone to pay the tax on the $25 million canadian lottery she was told she just won. :)

stickman
06-17-2005, 22:07
Hey, where do I get some? I need some of that thermomagnetic levorotory action!

Stickman

MedicineMan
06-17-2005, 23:37
its his own company? and he's advertising for it on foot?

Lugnut
06-18-2005, 00:24
I submit that it probably doesn't work. If Bramble had any more energy than he does now he would blow up. But good for him if he can get some endorsement money from them! ;)

norub
06-18-2005, 10:40
I submit that it probably doesn't work. If Bramble had any more energy than he does now he would blow up. But good for him if he can get some endorsement money from them! ;)
He's not getting endorsement money from them, he's been scammed into becoming an "independant distributor". He's selling the damn things.

norub
06-24-2005, 10:45
Bramble has barely even started his trek across the US and looks like he's already losing it.

http://www.trailjournals.com/gbookv.cfm?trailname=3119

MOWGLI
06-24-2005, 11:05
Bramble has barely even started his trek across the US and looks like he's already losing it.

http://www.trailjournals.com/gbookv.cfm?trailname=3119

NoRub:

Why not let Bramble walk his walk, and you walk yours?

Footslogger
06-24-2005, 11:07
Why not let Bramble walk his walk, and you walk yours?========================================
Amen ...

He's gotten plenty of advice.

'Slogger

ARambler
06-24-2005, 13:21
NoRub:

Why not let Bramble walk his walk, and you walk yours?
Do we have a new meaning for this phrase? Originally it meant, "We may be at the same place on the AT but are traveling two very different but equally valid journeys." Are you saying that it is OK for any hiker to get ripped off?

Now this phrase has degraded to two meanings. 1) The purists use it to mean: "Even though you haven't been arrested yet, that doesn't make you less of a lying jerk." Do you think Bramble deserves to get ripped off because he is stupid? 2) The jerks use it to mean, "I don't have to be accountable even to myself. If the hostel actually kicks me out, I will bad mouth them all the way down the trail." This actually happened last year, but I don't see Bramble doing it.

MOWGLI
06-24-2005, 13:53
Do we have a new meaning for this phrase?

Well, in this case I meant MYOB. You can't simultaneously look out for somebody, and then take a pot shot at them. As Pete said so eloquently in Oh Brother Where Art Thou? - That don't make no sense.

And for the record, I don't condone HYOH when it's used by the "if it feels good - do it" crowd. Respect has to be factored into the equation.

Jaybird
06-24-2005, 14:23
Anyone who was at Trail Days last month knows who Bramble is. I've been reading his Trail journal,
Bramble's got a big heart but.....................blah,blah,blah,etc.,etc.,e tc.,...

BRAMBLE, thru-hiked in 2004...& is BLUE-BLAZING this year...mostly camped out @ MISS JANET's...

what goes around comes around...

NUFF SAID!

wacocelt
06-24-2005, 15:23
BRAMBLE, thru-hiked in 2004...& is BLUE-BLAZING this year...mostly camped out @ MISS JANET's... NUFF SAID!

OK, so you posted some facts, none of which has crap to do with him getting ripped off. If you don't like the guy, say so. Don't waste our time and your few brain cells trying to make points that don't exist.

norub
06-24-2005, 15:24
BRAMBLE, thru-hiked in 2004...& is BLUE-BLAZING this year...mostly camped out @ MISS JANET's...

what goes around comes around...

NUFF SAID!

Not sure what you mean...nothing wrong with Blue Blazing, ppl are just concerned that he's being scammed is all...

norub
06-25-2005, 18:14
Well, the good news is that hiker pressure on the scammers seem to have made a difference. Bramble posted that he is dropping his association with them. Good man, Bramble and good luck on your journey.

Miss Janet
06-27-2005, 21:50
How can he be blue blazing? The trip that Bramble has planned doesn't have BLAZES of any color... unless you are talking about those little white blazes in the middle of most roads? His trip isn't a Thruhike... or a hike of any kind really. What he is doing may be beyond your understanding or interest... (I think some of you would be afraid to venture out with out the blazes to guide you!) But it is silly to apply AT Purist rules to his... adventure.

dougmeredith
06-28-2005, 08:34
What he is doing may be beyond your understanding or interest
Well you have certainly gotten me interested, and I would be willing to make my best effort on the understanding side. What is he up to?

Doug