PDA

View Full Version : It's official

Osiris
03-01-2013, 20:33
I'm insane, or so my ex-coworkers would have me believe. I finalized my last day of work today, turning over my company vehicle and equipment and set my sights on the A.T. A few people from work supported me but most think me crazy. They just don't understand the forces that drive hikers like us forward, around the next corner, over the next ridge. Content are they to work long days grinding out cash for bills and unnecessary possessions. I have toiled too long for so little and come too close to death to no longer live my life the way I yearn to. My first step onto the A.T. will begin this new path towards inner serenity and outer harmony. Tho, couldn't one say that through my actions today have I not taken that first fateful step?

lol... I sound like such a harmony hippy monk wannabe.

Gear tested. Plane ticket booked and desire equipped. Ever forward!

linder
03-01-2013, 21:10
Happy trails! Wicked

wornoutboots
03-01-2013, 21:29
Amen & Nice Post!! Happy Trails!!

ladytaz
03-01-2013, 22:06
Do you have a trail journal, would like to follow it

Lone Wolf
03-01-2013, 22:34
but do you like walkin'. a lot?

Osiris
03-01-2013, 22:51
but do you like walkin'. a lot?

Indeed I do and have.

Osiris
03-01-2013, 23:04
Do you have a trail journal, would like to follow it

At this point I do not but have been considering it. It seems to be a great way to allow friends and family to keep track of progress and share in the highs and lows. I have looked over others journals and felt like starting mine too early would just feel like a lot of small posts that would hold very little interesting content beyond a gear list and posts about how excited I am to go. I will be keeping an audio journal which I intend to transfer to a leather bound journal when I return. If I do an trail journal I will pass along my information to you Taz.

ladytaz
03-01-2013, 23:38
Sounds good to me, I don't always have time to read the long drawn out ones anyway.

Mulungu
03-02-2013, 10:21
I like the idea of an audio journal Seems like I can get am really cool app for my phone.
Like captain kirks star log

Aquonehostel
03-02-2013, 11:09
Enjoy your hike, keep it fun

Son Driven
03-02-2013, 11:27
Ever since I have made the decision to sell, and give away all my possessions, and head out for Springer mountain, it has been well with my soul.