PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Hydraulics Reservoir

Northern Lights
03-01-2013, 23:49
Last year I did a section hike from Yellowcreek Gap to Hot Springs. I was carrying an Osprey water bladder that I had seen on my previous section hike and liked it. Well my Osprey crapped out on me day two. Leaked all over my pack. So I made an unintended stop in Gatlinburg to buy a new bladder. I stopped in at the NOC and was telling one of the employees there about my Osprey and he asked me to wait while he headed to the back of the store. He came back with a platypus and said no charge. Loved the platy, took me thru the rest of my hike with no problems.

So I return home, send a thank you email to platy and a hey you need to fix your product because it doesn't work to Osprey. So after they asked me to give them my platy in exchange for a new Osprey(I declined, stating my platy had done well by me and I just wanted them to know theirs leaked) I was told that they would send me a new version of their bladder in Feb. So on Feb 28 I did indeed recieve the new bladder. The handle was broken(-60 temps does that to plastic no matter how durable, I can remove the handle, so I will) I like the look of the new bladder, no clothlike material on it anymore and just the bladder itself. Overall I think this version will be much better than the last. Can't really try it out yet as it is still -30's here, and the polar bears are out and about(and you guys are scared of black bears ;) ) but am looking forward to taking it on a spring hike.

All in all the original product may have been less than par, but the new one is looking good.