PDA

View Full Version : Class of 1999

Dirty Bird 99
03-02-2013, 12:18
Hey NOBO 1999'ers! Are ya'll out there??? Thought we should have a thread here on WhiteBlazes to catch up, reconnect, and generally harass each other!
What are all you suckers doing now??
-DB

AllDownhillFromHere
05-02-2014, 22:04
Looking for news/pics from anyone in the early class of 99. I left Springer on March 10, hit Damascus April 15, and HF May 21, completed my previously aborted hike at West Hartford VT in mid July, then got off the trail in Gorham a few weeks later after doing the Whites as a victory lap. Would love to hear news or trade pics. Trail buddies: Chocolate Thunder Purple Turkey VeeDub Brooklyn Chewie Little Engine Sheltowee Fenrir Happy Trails, All Downhill From Here

Ox97GaMe
05-02-2014, 23:10
There is a facebook page for the 99 thru hikers. A lot of folks posting on there. I have stayed in touch with a few from that year.

SawnieRobertson
05-03-2014, 17:25
There is a facebook page for the 99 thru hikers. A lot of folks posting on there. I have stayed in touch with a few from that year.
Wow, Dirty Bird, what a coincidence! I happened upon the address of Steady Feet, '99, from Quebec this very afternoon. I enjoyed her company when we were occasionally in the same spot, and I have always wondered if I could possibly say hello to her again. She was having some health problems but finally was pushing right through them by Pearisburg. Her true name was Claire Dagenais. I came to WB today to see if I could get a response about her, using her membership in the Class of 1999. Certainly, I remember you. You were an ortjnologist (sp)
and a quick hiker. Thanks for posting this today.--Kinnickinic

SawnieRobertson
05-03-2014, 17:26
Orthnologist.--KK

AllDownhillFromHere
05-09-2014, 23:32
Also looking for: Dodger, Krispina, Marco Polo