PDA

View Full Version : A mother & her 3 children are on Trail

wornoutboots
03-05-2013, 12:04
I read a journal where there is a mom & 3 kids hiking already this year. I wish them the best & pray for their safety in the brutal cold Ga/NC temps & snow!

HikerMom58
03-05-2013, 12:07
I read a journal where there is a mom & 3 kids hiking already this year. I wish them the best & pray for their safety in the brutal cold Ga/NC temps & snow!

No Way... not again! I don't want to be jumping to bad conclusions, here, but it's my first "knee-jerk" reaction.

I'm going to join the others on this thread and stay positive. I hope they are staying safe & warm & have a great hike! :)

Liminal
03-05-2013, 12:11
God Speed to them... I will be hiking solo (for the most part) but all 5 of my kids will be joining me for sections at various places along the trail ;)

STINGER1
03-05-2013, 12:40
Thats awesome!!! Leading the way! Wish them the best.

miloandotis
03-05-2013, 12:48
Link please!! As a mom with hiking boys, I'd love to follow!!

wornoutboots
03-05-2013, 14:00
Link please!! As a mom with hiking boys, I'd love to follow!!

Sorry I don't have the post in front of me but if you search "currently hiking" journals you may find it in one of the journals. Sorry, I don't want to post to much info due to all the 2012 controversy over a similar situation. I just wanted to make it known for anyone who wants to fully research it in case they want to pray, help or send love to them in some way. Especially with the next Storm moving in.

~Peace~

HikerMom58
03-05-2013, 15:37
Sorry I don't have the post in front of me but if you search "currently hiking" journals you may find it in one of the journals. Sorry, I don't want to post to much info due to all the 2012 controversy over a similar situation. I just wanted to make it known for anyone who wants to fully research it in case they want to pray, help or send love to them in some way. Especially with the next Storm moving in.

~Peace~

It's funny that you should make this comment... I was thinking the same thing. I'll see if I can find the journal. No matter what it "looks like", I think we've all learned our lessons well.

I know I won't be making any more comments, here, on what I "see".

Thank you wornoutboots,
~Peace~

WingedMonkey
03-05-2013, 18:02
Yeah...hopefully they won't be stalked on their Journal as tends to happen.

4Bears
03-05-2013, 18:58
Is this the lady that started several threads here on WB and was going to be hiking with her ADULT children?? If not what are the ages of the children and their level of experience and skill? If all are experienced and propperly equipped then there is no need for a higher level of concern than for any other hikers out there.

sarge95
03-05-2013, 19:45
sparks 28 Feb

Airmed802
03-05-2013, 19:46
They were mentioned in Sparks journal. According to him trail name is "supermom"

fiddlehead
03-05-2013, 21:06
Good for them.
I wish my son was into hiking a little more.
He's more like his mom and that regard and would just as soon take the motorbike (read bicycle) to go 3 doors up the street.
Always glad to see some kids on the trail.
They'll learn what's important in life.

k2basecamp
03-05-2013, 21:13
What's the dad think?

prain4u
03-05-2013, 21:20
Starting 4-5 weeks later probably would have been better, quicker, safer, lighter and less expensive. Unless they all have some significant camping/hiking experience--starting this early is perhaps not the wisest decision one could make--and perhaps even lessened their chances of actually completing a thru hike. However, good luck!

Half Note
03-05-2013, 22:03
Wait, what happened in 2012...???

Slo-go'en
03-05-2013, 22:24
From what little Sparks wrote about them, sounds like they didn't got off to a good start. (Someone already sharing food and gear on thier first day out). Seeing that report is almost a week old and the weather hasn't gotten any better, hopefully they are holed up someplace or already home.

Jack Tarlin
03-06-2013, 00:00
Hey guys.....for once, please don't do the expected Whiteblaze thing and scorch these folks you know nothing about. I talked and met with this family a few days ago in Georgia. They are a wonderful loving family, I can't begin to tell you how great and excited the kids are about their trip......why not do the gracious thing and wait awhile and see how they do, and in the meantime, let's wish them the best without questioning their actions, motives, or anything else.

Old Hiker
03-06-2013, 07:58
Wait, what happened in 2012...???

The world ended. Didn't you get the Mayan memo?

Alligator
03-06-2013, 09:57
Hey guys.....for once, please don't do the expected Whiteblaze thing and scorch these folks you know nothing about. I talked and met with this family a few days ago in Georgia. They are a wonderful loving family, I can't begin to tell you how great and excited the kids are about their trip......why not do the gracious thing and wait awhile and see how they do, and in the meantime, let's wish them the best without questioning their actions, motives, or anything else.Let's do it one better. It does not appear that they are writing their own journal so let's give them a reasonable bit of privacy. Thread closed.