PDA

View Full Version : hikers have the same thinking patterns

TOW
06-18-2005, 23:23
in essence we think alike. hiking and taking risks that most people would only think about is in our blood and when we are met with challenges that the trails of world allows us to put our feet upon, we are at our upmost mentally and spiritually.

you get a group of hikers together and you will see as you get to know them that they too are just like you in the way they percieve things and you know that you have found your niche' in life, where you fit in like a piece of the puzzle that makes the picture.

what i am about to say is only my perception of my fellow hiking comrades, we are a class of people that are probably a bit of an outcast from the societies that we live in and when we come together either out there on the trail, or after the trail we become one with each other.

this lifestyle has gotten into our blood. we eat of it, we drink of it, and we bathe in it. it is constantly on our minds, we are always planning and scheming for the next hike or the next hiker get together. we're always shopping for gear, and so on......

gosh i can smell the campfire and hear the coals crackling as i sit here writing this and right now at this moment in time i am reliving the experience.....

Ridge
06-18-2005, 23:35
Each hiker is different. Some will stuff the very firepit that you are smelling with cans, bottles and everything else, some hikers will remove the stuff from the mountain. Some will bath along with their dogs in the very creeks other hikers get water from, some will not. I could go on and on about how every hiker I've ever met was different and how each has a different reason to hike. Just my 2 cents.

neo
06-18-2005, 23:52
in essence we think alike. hiking and taking risks that most people would only think about is in our blood and when we are met with challenges that the trails of world allows us to put our feet upon, we are at our upmost mentally and spiritually.

you get a group of hikers together and you will see as you get to know them that they too are just like you in the way they percieve things and you know that you have found your niche' in life, where you fit in like a piece of the puzzle that makes the picture.

what i am about to say is only my perception of my fellow hiking comrades, we are a class of people that are probably a bit of an outcast from the societies that we live in and when we come together either out there on the trail, or after the trail we become one with each other.

this lifestyle has gotten into our blood. we eat of it, we drink of it, and we bathe in it. it is constantly on our minds, we are always planning and scheming for the next hike or the next hiker get together. we're always shopping for gear, and so on......

gosh i can smell the campfire and hear the coals crackling as i sit here writing this and right now at this moment in time i am reliving the experience.....
are you still trying to tell us,that margerat thatcher and hillary clinton are your ideal of the ultimate hotties:cool: neo

TOW
06-18-2005, 23:59
are you still trying to tell us,that margerat thatcher and hillary clinton are your ideal of the ultimate hotties:cool: neoto come to think of it i think they are the ultimate hiker babes.....