PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with the Easton Kilo 2P after testing it last night

Canam
03-10-2013, 16:13
Bought the Easton Kilo 2P last month for a 2 month section hike of the AT. Finally got to test it out last night, and got tons of condensation on the inside mesh. Because the back end is so low, it's almost impossible to not touch the mesh with your sleeping bag and get it wet. A decent amount of water collected at my feet as well. I don't think there's enough space between the fly and the mesh.

It was a clear night with no winds, with a low of 40. I'm nervous about how much wetter I would have gotten in a windy, wet night.

Has anyone else had these issues with the tent? I think I'm going to try to return it, although I'm past 30 days since purchase.

I'm thinking of getting a Big Agnes Flycreek UL2 instead. Does anyone know if it has similar issues? I'm leaving in less than 3 weeks so I don't have much time to look at other options or order from somewhere back ordered (like Henry Shires).

DeerPath
03-10-2013, 16:21
I have a Fly Creek 1 and Copper Spur 2. Never had any condensation or wet problems.

saltysack
03-18-2013, 08:16
My kilo has been good but as all tents in sub freezing weather I get snow inside from condensation. Not a 4 season tent.

Slo-go'en
03-18-2013, 09:12
Actually, a windy, wet night might have been better. Clear, calm and near freezing are ideal conditions for condensation. Did you have the tent all buttoned up so there was little or no ventilation too?