PDA

View Full Version : Cold Springs Shelter Rennovation?

daddytwosticks
03-11-2013, 10:49
Saw some postings back a few months ago about this shelter being rennovated. Anybody have any detains/info/pictures about its progress? Thanks. :)

zag
03-26-2013, 21:38
This shelter is open for business - awesome setup and still has that new shelter smell :)

zag
03-26-2013, 21:43
Oops, wrong shelter. We stopped at the cold spring shelter for lunch; it looked like it had a new floor and plenty of firewood. There is a good water source a few feet from the shelter.

wornoutboots
03-26-2013, 21:44
I think this is the one I stayed in Last January & it had a Huge 3X3 hole in the floor? Is that the one??

daddytwosticks
03-27-2013, 07:24
The Cold Springs Shelter is slightly north of Burningtown Gap (between Wayah Bald and Wesser Bald). It was literally located right on the trail and I believe it was one of the oldest shelters. When I saw it last year, it was in dire need of rennovation. Going thru that area in late May and just wanted any info on it's status. Thanks. :)

flemdawg1
06-14-2013, 11:38
Its been fixed up a little, floor is fixed, cement chinking replaced between the logs, new roof. Quaint and cozy older shelter. there is a mouse there, and a nearby snake.

daddytwosticks
06-14-2013, 15:19
Its been fixed up a little, floor is fixed, cement chinking replaced between the logs, new roof. Quaint and cozy older shelter. there is a mouse there, and a nearby snake. Stayed there Saturday night of Memorial Day weekend. Didn't see any mice nor snakes. :)

flemdawg1
06-14-2013, 15:54
I stayed there last Thursday. Snake was by the privy (according to others in the shelter, I didn't personally see it, but saw 2 other snakes on the trail that week, so it seemed legit), mouse was in the front right corner near the roof, saw it multiple times.