PDA

View Full Version : Klymit Stativ V

Fur Queue
03-12-2013, 16:09
Has anyone got any experience with one of these pads? There are a few positive reviews out there and it seems to compare favorably to some of the higher end pads like the Exped and the Xlite in terms of noise, size and ease of inflation/deflation. It's not as warm but I only need a summer pad...and I need two...so it would be a huge saving for me at only $50.00 each at some places...for the price I could probably live with the extra 4 or five ounces...Any feedback would be much appreciated....

STICK
03-15-2013, 22:38
Here are my initial thoughts on the Static V pad:

http://sticksblog.com/2012/09/04/first-look-at-the-klymit-static-v-sleeping-pad/

FWIW, in the end, I am not a fan of this pad. It is less expensive than many other pads out there, however, it is also heavier, barely wider than a 20" pad, not as long as regular pads, and since the center is half an inch thicker/taller than the edges, I felt like I was balancing on the pad. Also, I had issues with bottoming out even when laying on my back and just barely moving around. I could force more air into it (with my lungs) but then the baffles dug into my sides and made it uncomfortable for me.