PDA

View Full Version : Metacomet Monadnock Trail

cmr_hiker
06-21-2005, 20:25
hi all,

im taking an 8 day trip to hike this trail. im leavin tommorrow! this is a shakedown for the long trail which is a shakdown for an at thru hike. im pretty happy that my pack weighs in at a smidge above 35 pounds including 8 days food and 1 liter water. i have a monster gregory palisade pack. its kinda funny, when i first started backpacking i had the thing filled to the brim. now its been cinched down and is looking like theres not enough stuff in it. which is good, im realizing my 7lb 5 oz backpack is a little old and heavy. i do love the frame and suspension on that pack. beyond that im taking the whisperlite stove and the pur hiker filter. hehe got some standard 2000-01 gear.

take care yall,
chris

MOWGLI
06-21-2005, 20:26
Have a great hike! Please give us a trip report when you're done.

Frosty
06-21-2005, 20:40
hi all,

im taking an 8 day trip to hike this trail. im leavin tommorrow! this is a shakedown for the long trail which is a shakdown for an at thru hike. im pretty happy that my pack weighs in at a smidge above 35 pounds including 8 days food and 1 liter water. i have a monster gregory palisade pack. its kinda funny, when i first started backpacking i had the thing filled to the brim. now its been cinched down and is looking like theres not enough stuff in it. which is good, im realizing my 7lb 5 oz backpack is a little old and heavy. i do love the frame and suspension on that pack. beyond that im taking the whisperlite stove and the pur hiker filter. hehe got some standard 2000-01 gear.

take care yall,
chrisHave a great hike and be sure to post how it went, especially how well maintained the trail was and how well blazed. And how you got across the CT river.

Bolivershagnasty
06-21-2005, 22:32
CMR hikers says "CT river?" (0) (0) as he looks for some floaties to add to that pack.