PDA

View Full Version : 7oz foil chicken pouches, where are they in South Jersey?

twilight
03-13-2013, 22:18
Guys, I use to be able to buy these at a few local grocery stores here in South Jersey, but I can no longer find them. Has anyone in my neck of the woods seen them in their local grocery stores? If so, can you let me know where? Or maybe there is another resource for them? Thanks in advance for you help.

Twilight

Another Kevin
03-13-2013, 23:13
Dunno about south Jersey. Around here, the only place I've been able to find them is Target.

daddytwosticks
03-14-2013, 07:23
Check your local Wal-Mart. :)

Malto
03-14-2013, 07:27
I was just at Walmart yesterday and didn't see them there. It thought it was a bit strange. It must not have been a popular format beyond backpackers.

Oak88
03-14-2013, 07:40
I live in South Jersey and have seen them in an Acme however, they aren't carrying it anymore. I ordered a case from Amazon.

VTATHiker
03-14-2013, 07:56
I asked the same question to my brother when he was helping me resupply in a Target for a few days in Vermont last year. His response: "They don't have them because no one eats them."

He's right. Tuna is a different story, but how often do you buy foil-packaged chicken when you're not backpacking?

lukabrazi
03-14-2013, 08:12
What brand are you all finding? Are they chunks or whole chicken breasts? Oak88 - What did you order from Amazon? I have looked before and not found anything. Bumblebee used to sell chicken pouches here in PA but I don't think they make them anymore. I contacted the company a while back but got no response. I have been able to get Hornel chicken chunks recently in a foil pouch. It is meant to go on pizza and Walmart stocks it by the pizza crust mix.

20357This is what I used to find a couple years ago. There were 3 or 4 different flavors.

drifter
03-14-2013, 09:30
We have 7 oz pouches in NW Ohio (either at Walmarts or Meijer's). I had actually been looking for the 3 oz size which I do think has been discontinued probably due to lack of sales. You can order through Amazon (they have Valley Fresh). I also still find it strange you can buy tuna in every configuration imaginable but very little chicken options.

jbwood5
03-14-2013, 09:37
The chicken breasts with barbeque sauce in the foil packs are awesome if you can find them.

daddytwosticks
03-14-2013, 16:16
The chicken breasts with barbeque sauce in the foil packs are awesome if you can find them. Wow, seriously...why did I not ever think about adding BBQ sauce from those little fast food packets to my pouched chicken? Stuffed in a tortilla, thay would make a great trail lunch! Thanks! :)

twilight
03-14-2013, 19:33
Some time ago I used to be able to buy product called "Sweet Sue" and it was chunk chicken(like the kind you would use for chicken salad). I haven't seen that product in years, though. Swanson(I believe) used to sell a three pack of 3oz cans and I found these acceptable, but really wasn't crazy about carrying the empty cans for a couple days when done with them. Now, all I can find is the 7oz cans. I'll give Target a try, I've tried pretty much everything else. I did find them on Amazon, but don't won't to buy a whole case.

Thanks for your help everyone,

twilight

RF_ace
03-14-2013, 22:28
Got em @ publix here in fl

Another Kevin
03-14-2013, 22:50
Bumble Bee's supplier for retort-pouched chicken had a sanitation problem, and went belly-up as a result. Bumble Bee discontinued the product after that.

The brand I find at Target is 'Valley Fresh'.

Oak88
03-15-2013, 17:19
I ordered 7 oz. Tyson Premium Chunk White Chicken from Amazon. I actually found http://www.valleyfresh.com/products/ this foil pack chicken in a K-Mart store in Deptford NJ today.

twilight
03-15-2013, 20:05
Thanks, Oak88, I'll have to make a swing buy there this weekend!!!!:)