PDA

View Full Version : Sticker Shock

Mother Natures Son
03-14-2013, 19:09
Has anyone seen the prices for biennial conference yet? Registration is $80.00 for adult! Ouch!! I know ATC is in this to make money but....... Say how hot/humid can it get during the July 19-26 time frame for biennial conference?

Jeff
03-15-2013, 11:51
That sure makes ALDHA's Gathering look like a great deal !!

Venchka
03-15-2013, 11:59
Has anyone seen the prices for biennial conference yet? Registration is $80.00 for adult! Ouch!! I know ATC is in this to make money but....... Say how hot/humid can it get during the July 19-26 time frame for biennial conference?

Where? Lat. & Long. might help. Before or after Global Warming?

Wayne

Cookerhiker
03-15-2013, 12:16
...... Say how hot/humid can it get during the July 19-26 time frame for biennial conference?

Culowhee's elevation is over 2,100' so while it won't be cold, it will by no means be the hottest locale that the ATC has used. Despite being over 1,000 miles north, the temps at the ATC conference in Ramapo, NJ in '07 were quite hot - the day hikes almost required a second bandana because of the sweat.

prain4u
03-15-2013, 17:58
That $80 price seems like an absolute bargain to me. Most conferences that I attend (or get invited to) are MUCH more costly than that (plus there are hefty room and board in addition to the conference fees). I received some information today for a five day conference---registration fee was $695--plus food and lodging. I belong to many organizations and get information for many conferences and workshops--across a wide range of interests and disciplines. The typical three to four day conference often has registration fees in the $250-$500 range--plus food and lodging. I see many one day training events for $90-$150. If I see a 3-4 day event with a registration fee of just $100-$200, I am pleasantly surprised at the bargain. Thus, a week long event for just $80 is beyond bargain basement compared to what I see elsewhere.

I guess it is all a matter of perspective.