PDA

View Full Version : Passing

mudsocks
03-16-2013, 02:02
Sitting outside listening to the wind roll thru the cold pines. March marks the turning point where the icy snow pack radically sublimates. Spring always feels rushed, never ushered. Each year this seasonal change reminds me I'm built upside down. Most welcome the pending warmth of summer but I am left with an sadness only fall can lift and an emptiness only winter will fill.

DeerPath
03-16-2013, 10:28
Sitting outside listening to the wind roll thru the cold pines. March marks the turning point where the icy snow pack radically sublimates. Spring always feels rushed, never ushered. Each year this seasonal change reminds me I'm built upside down. Most welcome the pending warmth of summer but I am left with an sadness only fall can lift and an emptiness only winter will fill.

Very nicely put.

Capt Nat
03-16-2013, 11:06
That is poetry...

Chuckie V
03-16-2013, 11:36

I like it! But only in summer can one go barefooted! And if you're not barefooted, you're overdressed!

(Backpacking notwithstanding, save for those nutty Barefoot Sisters...)

;)