PDA

View Full Version : Five Fingers Trek Sport as Camp/Hike shoes?

Coosa
03-17-2013, 21:12
Does anyone use Five Fingers to hike in or as camp shoes? It seems as if the Trek Sport sole would be excellent for water crossings.

leaftye
03-17-2013, 21:33
In other threads people have said it's a poor camp shoe for two reasons. 1) It doesn't breathe that well. 2) It takes too long to put on.

Hot Flash
03-17-2013, 21:36
In other threads people have said it's a poor camp shoe for two reasons. 1) It doesn't breathe that well. 2) It takes too long to put on.

And they're sooooo ugly.

Coosa
03-17-2013, 21:47
My mother calls them Gorilla Toes ... however, I have no problem putting them on, even with wet feet ... maybe I'm part Gorilla?

I wear mine with Injinji coolmax or wool ultralight socks.

I'm probably going to use them on my Flip-Flop Thru later this summer.

Coosa

Rocket Jones
03-18-2013, 07:10
I love my pair, but they don't breathe at all. I have to take them off every few hours to air out my feet or they really start to get pungent, and that's not a problem I have with any other footwear.

Rock Lobster
03-18-2013, 10:18
I used them on a short 4-day hike as camp shoes and was happy with them. I liked having a different feel after spending the whole day in boots. I plan on carrying them through maine this summer to help with fords.

Kerosene
03-18-2013, 20:16
They're too heavy, also. I'd go with a pair of "natural" running shoes instead, as they'll give you more options.