PDA

View Full Version : Good recommendation for tarp and quilt

flatfeet
03-17-2013, 23:55
I've taken the steps to lightening the load. I was wondering what recommendations
there are for a good quality tarp and quilt. I like the SpinnTwinn by gossamergear but it seems no longer in production. The same for the Golite quilt. Doesn't seem available either. I realize there are other options. So what are they?

Thanks.

Crusinsusan
03-18-2013, 00:06
Take a look at Enlightened Equipments quilts....Revelation X is a great buy. I have no experience with it myself, but I did just order one.

Can't help you on the tarp....I've got a lunar solo tent

leaftye
03-18-2013, 02:19
Enlightened Equipment for the quilt.

There are many choices for a tarp. Gossamer Gear, MLD, Oware, Bearpaw, Outdoor Equipment Supplier, Etowah Outfitters and Borah Gear are a few businesses to start looking at. Zpacks if you want a very light cuben fiber tarp.

Deacon
03-18-2013, 06:54
For the tarp, Hammockgear.com has a 132" x 120" cuben fiber tarp with doors that weighs only 8.5 ounces.

da fungo
03-18-2013, 07:03
GoLite's Z30 quilt, in both regular and long, is on the GoLite website, right now.

leaftye
03-18-2013, 07:08
Golite quilts are good quality, but they have a sewn footbox. Having a footbox that opens, like with the Enlightened Equipment quilts and most quilts made by cottage companies, allows the quilt to have much better venting on warm nights.

garlic08
03-18-2013, 09:08
I like my new Enlightened Equipment Revelation X quilt and my old Tarptent Contrail.

Wesro
03-18-2013, 10:59
I agree with leafteye. Vent to feet.
Golite quilts are good quality, but they have a sewn footbox. Having a footbox that opens, like with the Enlightened Equipment quilts and most quilts made by cottage companies, allows the quilt to have much better venting on warm nights.