PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "with children" area?

Weasleymum
03-18-2013, 17:22
I've been browsing around and found several places here that discuss backpacking with dogs, one subforum specifically for womens' issues, but I can't seem to find a subforum dealing with backpacking with children. Just checking before I post in the general area!

FarmerChef
03-18-2013, 18:11
No there is no forum for that but there are several of us that do hike with children (mine have now completed almost half the trail). Feel free to post in the general forum and those of us who can will provide as much help as we're able. And...

Welcome to Whiteblaze! :banana

slbirdnerd
03-18-2013, 18:15
Planning to hike with my kiddo this year, too, and a forum would be nice. Otherwise just post in the general topic I guess.

Weasleymum
03-18-2013, 18:18
Thanks! I'll do that, then.

DandT40
03-19-2013, 09:44
Heading out to do small portion of the AT as part of our loop with the kids (10 and 11) next week through GSMNP. Can't wait!!! Getting a little nervous with the weather, but should still be a good time.

Hot Flash
03-19-2013, 12:51
Oh man, I remember the days way back, when I hiked with a backpack on my back and a baby in a carrier on my front and packing used disposable diapers out of the back country...