PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Hike

RED-DOG
03-18-2013, 19:25
13 ex-military personal that was wounded in combat, started a thru-hike, i think this is way cool, what do you think?

O-H-10 Lil Ohio
03-18-2013, 21:50
+1 Red Dog, COOL!! Many of our nations wounded warriors have hike the AT. I started my section hiking in 1968 and have hiked with WW II , Korean, Vietnam Veterans and last year with some Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans. We wish them well on their journey. I hope the hike and the folks these veterans will meet on the trail brings them the great memories and friendships that many of us already have experienced. Last but not least, I thank them for their service.

Jack Tarlin
03-19-2013, 20:45
These guys are in the Neel Gap area tonight. Everyone in the group I've talked with, both the hikers and support people are absolutely outstanding people and I wish them all the best with their travels this year. If you meet these guys, count yourself lucky.

RED-DOG
03-20-2013, 12:03
Yeah Jack i got two uncles that served in NAM one did two tours and the other did three tours i got nothing but respect for these guys.

Chaco Taco
03-21-2013, 19:08
This is a great thing happening this year. Go Team America:sun

13 ex-military personal that was wounded in combat, started a thru-hike, i think this is way cool, what do you think?

Chaco Taco
03-21-2013, 19:09
These guys are in the Neel Gap area tonight. Everyone in the group I've talked with, both the hikers and support people are absolutely outstanding people and I wish them all the best with their travels this year. If you meet these guys, count yourself lucky.
Glad you got to meet them :D

aficion
03-21-2013, 19:42

I count myself blessed to live in the country they and others like them built and sacrificed for. Twice blessed to live in a place where the AT exists for all of us to hike together on. Hope to meet, get to know, and thank them when they come through.

Jack Tarlin
03-23-2013, 21:00
Amazingly enough, the efforts of these men and women has been criticized on other hiking Forums. This astounds me. Unlike the carpers and critics, I have met and talked with these men and women, who have shared comments about their goals, dreams, aspirations, and the good they want to see that results from their journey. I wish them nothing but the best, and I know you all feel the same way. I sure hope that many of you get to meet them as they make their way North, and I hope some of you are in a position to help them along the way. Thank you.

58starter
03-24-2013, 13:41
Here is one of their journals.
Brown Squirrel's 2013
Appalachian Trail Journal
sorrry did not link it, but it is on Trail Journals.

chiefiepoo
03-24-2013, 13:48
Amazingly enough, the efforts of these men and women has been criticized on other hiking Forums

***, it's the internet, expect uninformed criticism and biased opinions. Even stupidity at times.

Carry on Warriors, Bravo Zulu from an ex squid.

Rasty
03-24-2013, 14:46
Amazingly enough, the efforts of these men and women has been criticized on other hiking Forums. This astounds me. Unlike the carpers and critics, I have met and talked with these men and women, who have shared comments about their goals, dreams, aspirations, and the good they want to see that results from their journey. I wish them nothing but the best, and I know you all feel the same way. I sure hope that many of you get to meet them as they make their way North, and I hope some of you are in a position to help them along the way. Thank you.

Should not be too suprising. Many so called American's hate the military and the people in it.

I wish them nothing but the best also.

adamkrz
03-24-2013, 15:06
Should not be too suprising. Many so called American's hate the military and the people in it.

I wish them nothing but the best also.

Very True, When I was in Marine Corps in the 70's just about evryone I met hated me, I had to quickly change out of uniform when coming back from overseas, We were easy targets even out of uniform with our high and tight haircuts.

louisb
03-24-2013, 16:29
Their FB page: http://www.facebook.com/warriorhike

--louis

Mountain Maiden
03-24-2013, 16:57
The Town of Hot Springs, local businesses, local residents and nearby communities are planning a warm WELCOME for the arrival of the WARRIOR HIKE 2013 participants.

Their scheduled arrival coincides with TrailFest Several events and activities will honor them for their service and show support for their hike. Also some local folks have even made special gifts to commemorate their hike.

You don't have to support WAR to support the WARRIORS.