PDA

View Full Version : Where are the NOBO 2005 hikers at?

Brock
06-23-2005, 12:50
Hello everyone. I started hiking the AT April 15th and got all the way to Erwin TN (340 miles), when I dropped out. I just didn't feel like hiking the daily grind anymore after 38 days. Actually, I think I took too many zero days for Trail Days (5 days) and at the end, about 9 of us got violently sick in Erwin and I was out another 5 days.

But anyways, I'm hoping some of you might know where these people are along the trail as I may hike another month in July and I would like to start where they are instead of back at Erwin.

Baltimore Jack
Peace Pipe
Bluegrass
The Brit
Farmer
Verticle Eddie
Miles Away
Mt. Dew
Blaze
Pig Pen
Gator
and anyone else that I travelled with but left off.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

A-Train
06-23-2005, 12:54
Brock-

There's been an on-going thread titled "where are most NOBO's right now?". I've been updating it weekly with all the thru's I meet on the trail in New Jersey as I'm out there 5 days a week. Do a search for it.

I stayed with Mt. Dew at Mohican Outdoor Center in Jersey a couple nights ago. He was hiking with Biscuit. He skipped up about 500 miles. I assume most of the rest of the folks you mentioned are much further south, probably around Waynesboro VA. NOBO's are anywhere between Damascus and Maine right now, with the majority probably between Harpers Ferry and NY

Brock
06-23-2005, 12:56
Yeah, I have to thank Mt. Dew over and over again for allowing us to take his car from Trail Days back to Miss Js while he hiked on with Biscuit and Cola (her dog).

Thanks for the info, I'll look at that thread.

mountainfreedom
07-07-2005, 16:59
Hey.....your off, eh? I see you stuck with some of the same folks that were around us when I was on the trail. What happened to Texas Dreamer? lol. How was Peace Pipe doing?
Pete (no nickname boy),

Hello everyone. I started hiking the AT April 15th and got all the way to Erwin TN (340 miles), when I dropped out. I just didn't feel like hiking the daily grind anymore after 38 days. Actually, I think I took too many zero days for Trail Days (5 days) and at the end, about 9 of us got violently sick in Erwin and I was out another 5 days.

But anyways, I'm hoping some of you might know where these people are along the trail as I may hike another month in July and I would like to start where they are instead of back at Erwin.

Baltimore Jack
Peace Pipe
Bluegrass
The Brit
Farmer
Verticle Eddie
Miles Away
Mt. Dew
Blaze
Pig Pen
Gator
and anyone else that I travelled with but left off.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Alligator
07-07-2005, 17:15
Mountain Dew skipped up 500 miles??? Was it for the woman or the dog?;)

Missed you Dew at Kincora for Hardcore, I only stayed for one day, but I left a case of Mt. Dew in your honor.

Brock
07-07-2005, 19:27
Hey.....your off, eh? I see you stuck with some of the same folks that were around us when I was on the trail. What happened to Texas Dreamer? lol. How was Peace Pipe doing?
Pete (no nickname boy),
What the hell happened to Party Boy Pete? That has been the question sticking in my mind. Did you get off at the NOC? We were all wondering what happened to you.

The last time I saw Peace Pipe was as we entered Erwin in mid May with some stray dog that followed us from Sams Gap. He was doing fine as always. Unfortunately, I got sick at the Holiday Inn and he left the next day from Miss Js.
As for TD, we kept running into each other as always. I was out a few days sick in Erwin and ran into her making her new home at Miss Js. I have no idea what happened to her, but I imagine she is off the trail by now.

I am actually going back on the trail. On Sunday, I should be in Harpers Ferry prepared to head North. That is why I am asking where people are and if anyone is around the ferry.

Brock
07-07-2005, 19:29
Mountain Dew skipped up 500 miles??? Was it for the woman or the dog?;)

Missed you Dew at Kincora for Hardcore, I only stayed for one day, but I left a case of Mt. Dew in your honor.
Dew, thanks again for letting us shuttle your car back down to Erwin. Hope you and Cola are doing well.

Palmer
07-08-2005, 20:06
We were out this week in central PA. Saw Wagdaddy at Windsor Furnace (Hamburg, PA) on July 5th. He was putting in big miles; signed the register at Allentown Shelter the same day. Met Blotter at the Allentown Shelter on July 6th. He was doing well. Had lunch with Mr. Clean, Jr. and Dorothy at the restaurant on Rt. 309 on July 7th. Everyone was healthy and in good spirits.

randoark
07-14-2005, 20:57
Pig Pen was hiking with two other guys, Flash Gordon and Gunter, passed them at Gratian Pond Shelter 10-15 miles north of Gorham, NH on July 13th. They were pushing on to Full Goose Shelter, I think, so they probably did Mahoosic Notch today. Didn't chat long but he seemed to be doing well.

Barrel Roll (AKA Shian)
SOBO '05
www.sobohobos.com (http://www.sobohobos.com)

Pig Pen

Smile
07-14-2005, 21:31
I was out for a month started in HF in second half of June, got back recently....
Vapors
Dandelion
Turbo Joe
LoJack
PussGut (or Pussbelly - guy with the naked hiker day poison plant mishap)
Fraggle
Nimblefoot
Tophat
Adam
Seeker
Ug
Dorothy w/o Toto
Sleeveless
Skywalker
Socks
Dreamboat and Mapmaker ( SH)
Easty (who was very cool, hope to hear from him on here sometime!)
Tim & Kevin (not named yet, doing a Flip Flop & just got on in HF)
Chef Boy Ar Dee
Clearwater
49er
Can't remember them all ....lots of cool folks though.....was travelling with The RubberBand Man.

mountainfreedom
07-23-2005, 20:09
Brock,
Yeah...I went into town alone and hung out. I went to bar in town (I think there was only one) and hung out. Everything was fine..and I was planning on getting back on the next day and then I just sort of had a thought to stop. The next morning...I packed up and even went shopping for my food, but ended up hitchhiking to a town that had a greyhound stop. I stopped in...almost bought a ticket and then hitched back to the town near the NOC. I stayed another night, but figured the hell with it. The trail did what I wanted it to...but I was eager to get back to civilization and find a new job in a different state. It took two months..but I just moved to Boston (I live across the street from Fenway Park) and grabbed a great job here in the City. I kick myself for leaving the trail, but the bottom line was...I was eager or more excited to relocate and find work. The funny part is...if I would have stayed out at the NOC...I would probably still be on the trail. Oh well....everything happens for a reason.
So you went on for another month? Peace Pipe looks like he is going to finish. I will need to look up his cigar articles. lol. I am eager to talk to with him.
Well..good luck getting back on the trail. Drop me a line when you get finished. Heck..if your up in the NE area..you should stop by. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of camping or partying!!! lol. Send me an email.
Keep in touch and good luck,
Pete

What the hell happened to Party Boy Pete? That has been the question sticking in my mind. Did you get off at the NOC? We were all wondering what happened to you.

The last time I saw Peace Pipe was as we entered Erwin in mid May with some stray dog that followed us from Sams Gap. He was doing fine as always. Unfortunately, I got sick at the Holiday Inn and he left the next day from Miss Js.
As for TD, we kept running into each other as always. I was out a few days sick in Erwin and ran into her making her new home at Miss Js. I have no idea what happened to her, but I imagine she is off the trail by now.

I am actually going back on the trail. On Sunday, I should be in Harpers Ferry prepared to head North. That is why I am asking where people are and if anyone is around the ferry.

Footslogger
07-23-2005, 21:02
Just heard from my wife (BadAss Turtle). She and her hiking partner "Red" just got into Dalton, Mass. They are doing Mass and VT this year and got on the trail at South Egremont.

They're staying at Rob's place and according to BA Turtle there are approximately 60 pics in Rob's 2005 book. Now, not everyone stays at Robs and some of the pics may be of early Southbounders ...but that will give you some idea as to the traffic.

'Slogger

alanthealan
08-01-2005, 10:12
hey everyone this is PeacePipe I am in Mt Vernon NJ and I am doing well I am heading north I am going to stop in Kent for a few days and then on. I miss everyone--Pete,Brock,Miles,Pigpen, etc.
Email me guys at [email protected]

Mountain Dew
08-02-2005, 02:01
Hey Brock..... Good to see you on WB again. I'm currently in northern NY trail wise. I believe Blaze is somewhere close behind me. Gaitor got off the trail. Badger is behind me as well. Pig Pen is awol. Take care bro and it was nice hiking with ya down south.

Alligator...you did that for me ? Well, so much for EVER speaking badly of you again on WB. Thanks for what you did... I'd leave your namesake at Kincora, but something tells me Bob wouldn't like that to much !

Alligator
08-02-2005, 09:10
And I think alligator gives some people indigestion...