PDA

View Full Version : star gazing--kill the netting

2014hopeful
03-19-2013, 15:21
Since Hennessy comes with the bug netting attached, can I turn the hammock upside down or something and sleep outside of it so I can see the sky?

inspectorgene
03-19-2013, 15:24
Nope. You can send it off to 2QZQ and have a zipper installed. They have different configs. depending on your preference.

Linky

http://www.2qzqhammockhanger.com/

Tinker
03-19-2013, 16:05
Since Hennessy comes with the bug netting attached, can I turn the hammock upside down or something and sleep outside of it so I can see the sky?

I believe it's possible to turn the hammock inside out (pull the far end through the hole in the bottom) so that the ridgeline does not get in the way. I'm pretty sure they have a link on the Hennessy website.

tiptoe
03-19-2013, 16:07
Stars are very nice to see, but being in a skeeter-proof zone is way nicer, in my opinion. Losing the view is a small price to pay.

Tinker
03-19-2013, 16:20
Stars are very nice to see, but being in a skeeter-proof zone is way nicer, in my opinion. Losing the view is a small price to pay.

Good on ya. You used lose correctly. You get a gold star.

More often people will use loose (which rhymes with moose) instead of lose which rhymes with choose (I know, it doesn't make sense)- that's why so much of English is memorization of when rules don't apply Ex: "I before e except after c and when followed by eigh as in neighbor and weigh.
Goofy language, English. :p

tiptoe
03-19-2013, 18:05
Tinker, I taught English in the Peace Corps, and after that I was a copy editor, among other publishing gigs. I was born to a woman who did the Times crosswords in red pen, and that gene was passed on to me. Gimme a break, please.

Tinker
03-19-2013, 19:37
Tinker, I taught English in the Peace Corps, and after that I was a copy editor, among other publishing gigs. I was born to a woman who did the Times crosswords in red pen, and that gene was passed on to me. Gimme a break, please.

I did more than give you a break. I gave you honest praise (publicly). You misread my intentions. :)

I would love to see more folks who thought highly enough about the language of their country to invest time and effort to elevate it to the position of respect that it deserves.

Btw: I'm a 2nd year college dropout who fixes bicycles for a living after landscaping for over 30 years did my body in.

There's no excuse for anyone raised in the USA for not being fluent in his/her own language. Oh, sorry. There are limitless excuses, but few (I have to admit that there are some areas where good schools are few and far between) reasons to not be fluent in our own language.

Thank you, tiptoe.

BigHodag
03-19-2013, 21:32

You'll likely need a net or tarp over your head while hammocking between trees.

Just south of Caledonia SP, PA, I deliberately did not rig my tarp over my hammock so I too could sky watch on a clear evening. That was a mistake. Pine cones, acorns, insects, bark, dirt and more continually fell into my upward gazing face. Every breeze that swayed the tree tops brought something down.

Your experience may vary.