PDA

View Full Version : CT Trail head Question

twilight
03-20-2013, 12:40
Seeking information on UnderMountain Trail, I am wondering if it is still passable? I have not been on the trail in this area since 04. Trail location does not appear in my Appalachian Pages trailguide. UnderMountain Trail leads to the AT from a parking lot on Rt. 41, just south of Fisher Pond through MT. Riga SP. and connects to the AT just south of Bear Mtn. Any info will be helpful!

Twilight

ChuckBrown
03-20-2013, 14:27
Its been a few years since i used this trail, but It is a well used trail and I am guessing that its open, maybe a few blowdowns. on My ten ill be heading out there, Ill be getting on the AT where it crosses 41, so i can hike over Bear Mt.

adamkrz
03-20-2013, 14:52
Yes it is well used, you could also connect to paradise lane in case of bad weather to avoid Bear Mountain and go straight to Sages Ravine if going north.

twilight
03-20-2013, 19:09
Thanks Adam and Chuck, Adam I need to go over Bear Mtn. to connect my MA section hike with my CT section hike. No way around it. Glad to hear it's still passable. I kind of remember it not in great shape but still open when I used it in 04. But that can be my old and clouded mind telling me that, too.

twilight