PDA

View Full Version : Bag Agnes Air Core SL

OBXWaMi
03-20-2013, 16:33
I've been occupying my non-hiking time this winter with metal detecting and now it's time to gear up for hitting the trail. I'm in the market for a new sleeping pad and I want as thick as possible with as little weight as possible. I'm impressed with the 3.75" thick Big Agnew Air Core SL at REI, but there are no reviews. Anyone willing to weigh in? I'm mostly wondering about its durability--not that I'd be sleeping on sharp rocks or sticks or anything :-?

--Michelle

Rain Man
03-20-2013, 19:05
You can ignore what I wrote below, as I just realized mine is the Q-core SL, not the Air Core SL. My bad.

============
It's the sleeping pad I recently switched to as my primary pad. Though light-weight, I don't consider the fabric flimsy. Does take a little extra to blow it up (due to thickness), but I soon learned not to blow it up all the way (more comfortable if not). Has good R-value too. Also, for me a big advantage over the Exped competitor (which I tried out, but developed "bubles"), is that you can bleed air out with the BA twist-style valve. Not so with the ExPed.

Anyway, I'd give it a thumbs-up.

Rain Man