PDA

View Full Version : Parking-GSMNP-Smokemont Campground

Alligator
03-21-2013, 14:39
Is there a parking area at Smokemont Campground in GSMNP? Need to leave for a few days.

FatHead64
03-21-2013, 15:06
Is there a parking area at Smokemont Campground in GSMNP? Need to leave for a few days.

From the ProTrails website the following quote: "The Bradley Fork and Smokemont Loop trails combine for 5.1 miles, but travel through the parking lot adds an additional mile". Looking at the GSMNP link from another thread, there is what looks like (on the blowup in the map) an extensive campground/parking area. None of it is definitive, however. I would look it up in my Little Brown Book, but that is home and I am at work (an hour away).

Scott

wecorey
03-21-2013, 15:27
The back half of the campground is closed but u can park on the left side as u go around B loop. U will see the parking spaces.

SGT Rock
03-21-2013, 15:38
There is a hiker parking point right across the bridge from US441. I've used it many times.

If you still have my number, give me a call about anything you need to know about the park. I'm off today and tomorrow.

Alligator
03-21-2013, 15:51
Sounds like there won't be any problem, thanks everyone. It looked like a pretty big campground. Had to park in a less than desirable place in SNP once so I thought I would check.